Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Best diet for a sugar glider
Food, Diet
Jan 05 2020
04:16:30 PM
I'm not sure which diet is the best for my babies, I hear so much about the BML, SGS2, and the TPG. I have seen a lot of people feed their gliders the BML diet, but I bought my babies from The Pet Gliders in Houston Tx and they feed their gliders the TPG diet. Should I continue with this diet since this is what they are fed on a regular basis? I just want the best diet for them to stay strong and happy and healthy.
Kamille
Food, Diet
Jan 12 2020
03:57:22 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I personally feed my glider OHPW, which he loves and maintains good weight on so it works. I have also heard good things about BML. I haven't heard of SGS2 or TPG, but I did food research for my glider 4 years ago when I got him, so if these are newer I may not have heard of them.

Take a look at what the diet consists of. If it contains hard pellets like dog food, I wouldn't use it. Their teeth can't handle it (mine's are filed down pretty bad from his years before me).

I always consider a fresh diet best, so if it doesn't include fresh fruits and veggies it's a no-go, and if it's a powder with "just add water" I would steer clear as well (although some people do use instant HPW, but I just don't like "instant" food for myself let alone for my glider).

(as a side note, HPW is sometimes called Critter Love)

Here is where I buy the wambaroo powder (protein) as well as the ingredients card that comes with it to make HPW: www.thepamperedglider.com/supplements.htm

TPG honestly sounds like a good diet (just looked it up). It sounds a bit complicated to make compared to HPW, but if you like it and your gliders like it, you could definitely stick with it!
Food, Diet
Jan 13 2020
06:29:40 PM
suggiebabies2020 Starting Member 7 Posts
Hello Tveit_Momma
You have given me some good advice about the different diets. My granddaughter and I have read about every diet out there and she has decided to use the BML Diet. Thanks again for your input about the diets.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders