GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Joey doesn't take food
Joey doesn't take food
Question
Jan 24 2020
06:21:20 PM
Hello!

I have this seven week joey from a week ago and I was told to feed her with supplementary milk with a syringe, but she doesn't take any veggie or fruit I offer, and I'm not sure she drinks the milk from a bowl. I tried to make a mix of them but she's not even interested on trying.

Until yesterday I was feeding her every 5 hours with the milk, should I just stop and leave her the mix in her bowl until she gets hungry? What if she doesn't eat at all? It's my first sugar so I'm not sure what to do.

Thank you beforehand.
Question
Feb 02 2020
07:09:01 PM
Rosenbaumn Starting Member 6 Posts
Hey, I know I’m a little late to answer, but my sugar gliders prefer their food to be puréed as opposed to pieces, they will not eat pieces of fruit such as apples, but they love applesauce. Maybe try blending it up
Question
Feb 08 2020
07:03:14 PM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
You could just blend it up as they said. Maybe mix the milk in with it?
Question
Feb 14 2020
10:56:38 AM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
My three gliders do not like fresh apples, dried apples, or apple sauce - seem to like apple juice not from concentrate and made from pressed HoneyCrisp apples.

Also, when I'm trying to encourage a new food or one they seem to only like part way, is to lace it with honey! Also, try cranberry sauce - it's tangy which they seem to love and hides the tastes of stuff they don't particularly care for.

Short term sweet foods they want to gorge on is fine, but long term sugary (ie sucrose - table sugar, a complex sugar) stuff is to be used very limited - fructose, a simple sugar, is best even long term, but don't be fooled by 'high-fructose' corn syrup... it's still dextrose (bad complex sugars). Fructose and honey (the REAL glucose) are the simple sugars and best for the sweet toothed little darlings
Question
Feb 26 2020
11:55:04 PM
Serac Starting Member 2 Posts
Sorry for the late response! Thank you for the advices, I tried to blend it and used milk for the first few days, and now she's three months and eating properly a blended diet. I use a drop of honey as a treat every now and then, she likes it a lot and has helped us with bonding process.

So thank you very much!
Joey doesn't take food

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Joey doesn't take food