Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this suggie noise normal?
Health related
Feb 19 2020
05:52:13 PM
I recently adopted a trio of suggies about 4 months ago, a male and 2 females, and the boy has recently been acting strange and not like he normally does, he's lethargic, a little shaky and has been making strange noises that I've never heard before, the noise almost sounds a little like crabbing and hissing at the same time, but I'm not 100% sure it's him since they were all in the same pouch when I heard it, and sometimes I hear breathing noises that also sound a little nasaly, like he has a cold, and I recently got another male (they're both neutered) and he started this behavior about 3 weeks after the new male was put in the cage so I'm worried the new male has spread something to him that he got when we didn't have him, but the females seem completely fine and so does the other male. Does anyone know what this might be? I already have a vet appointment scheduled for all of them but I just want an idea on what it could be. Thanks in advance :) -Sam
Health related
Feb 19 2020
08:49:36 PM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
Ive heard my gliders do that before too. I can assure you its 100% normal. It kinda sounds like crab hiss crab hiss but in a hiccupy way
also if the cold thing sounds like sneezing, its your glider spitting on their hands to groom
Health related
Feb 20 2020
12:14:43 AM
Lonewolph Starting Member Visit Lonewolph's Photo Album 7 Posts
im not sure, but you should take to vet

Edited by - Lonewolph on Feb 20 2020 12:15:29 AM
Health related
Feb 21 2020
08:46:42 AM
Rosenbaumn Starting Member 6 Posts
I wouldn't be worried about the crab hiss, mine do it all of the time