GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Info wanted about suggie communication
Information
Jun 25 2020
02:10:53 PM
Hi!!
Usually when i communicate with animals, I with out staring to much look at their eyes to see how stressed they are; wide open="Help! I might be in danger, calm me down if I am mistaken".

Now, sugar gliders ALWAYS have wide open eyes, so I'm wondering, what is their key body language? I know they crab, purr, act unsettled if stessed as most creatures do, and that some of them might scent mark owners, things and places they love by both pee-marking and rubbing against the thing in question.

But are there more of those language things? I've heard about them having a vocal range and using that to communicate, but what other than scent marking and acting unsettled and panicky/shy/aggresive, but what are the body language signs other than marking?

I sadly have'nt met one yet, so I can't see for myself. But I love them, want three of these fuzzys, and want to learn and spread word about them.

Please reply, I'll be using this info for an article I'm probably going to put out there and need correct info!

THANK YOU
Information
Jun 26 2020
09:46:15 AM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
Hm the only one i can think of right now is them "snaking" their tails
ive only seen my male do this but its when they are interested in or curious about something

when this happens they will move their tails back and forth in a snakelike manner.
ill try to see if i can get him to do it and take a video tonight if that would help
Information
Jun 26 2020
01:33:17 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
my male colony alpha, will chatter his teeth. if he gets in the face of another
glider he may chatter louder. if he has a very good treat, live mealworm or
fish stick and another glider wants to take a piece out of his hand he will chatter
teeth real loud and then do a quick attack at them sometimes. i usually keep them
apart if I hear the super loud teeth chattering, put my hand blocking them so he
doesn't lung at the other glider.
Information
Jun 29 2020
02:21:32 PM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
Thank you so much!!! <3

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders