Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I need help on deciding what to do
Question
Jul 17 2020
06:02:28 PM
Hi! I am very new to this website and I have a very serious problem that has left me heartbroken and confused as to what to do with my sugar glider, Mocha. I am leaving for college next month and I cannot take him with me since animals are prohibited in the dorms. I live with my parents and my parents work full time and are unable to watch him and give him the attention he needs everyday and I will not be home for weeks at a time to provide him with the love he deserves. I am at a complete loss as to what to do with him as I love him dearly. I will admit that when I first got him 4 years ago that I knew little about sugar gliders (I also know that they are supposed to be owned in at least a pair but we never got another one) but I have done my very best to take care of him. My mom has suggested rehoming him but I don’t know anyone that can take care of a sugar glider and I am very hesitant to just post something on Craigslist. I would really appreciate the help in deciding on what would be best for my little Mocha.

Thanks,

Ally

Edited by - Ally0268 on Jul 17 2020 06:04:15 PM
Question
Jul 18 2020
01:35:34 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
If you click on "Glider Gossip" at the top then one of the links that comes up is to get your sugar glider a new home. There are also Facebook groups- Sugar Glider Guardians, Sugar Gliders- where you could find someone who is familiar with sugar gliders to adopt your Mocha. Good luck!
Question
Jul 20 2020
03:23:41 AM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
How sad..
Maybe your Mocha could live at someone nearby's house, if you can afford the rent? Guess that will be kind of exspensive, but for all I know your rich.
Then you could rent one single room nearby and go to him plenty times a day. But it is probably the best to rehome your Mocha... Renting one room for a glider is compelicated, it costs a lot, and you have to go over there all the time.
I think the best for him would be a new owner, though it must be so hard for you, and him, moving--no one can explain it to him. But it seems that he has to move anyway, and that it might be best in the long run. Maybe he even can start living with other gliders then (Not complaining, just saying since it's true, and good for him anyway.)

Hope you find a way other then selling him, but that you do the best for him. If you find a good other solution, he will not have to go through the whole bonding process again, but then if the other solution is difficult it probably is best to rehome.

Edited by - Petarus brevicapus fan on Jul 20 2020 03:25:37 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders