Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Just got my sugar glider and I need some help !
Question
Sep 03 2020
03:06:43 PM
so I got my sugar glider 2 days ago, she's 8 weeks old so she seems to be sleeping alot but the problem is she only stays upabout 2 hours a day and doesn't finish her food bowl Is that normal ?

The second thing is she always sleeps on her wheel instead of pouch so she keeps breathing fast its almost like shaking I don't no if this is normal or a sign of sickness, any help?
Question
Sep 03 2020
08:13:47 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
your glider is in a strange new home, scared and confused. gliders are colony animals and live in groups in the wild. living alone does add extra stress on them
as they don't have a family.
On day two, your glider may not eat a normal amount yet. you should also be
providing a healthy diet. OHPW, BML, TPG.
Gliders sleep alot. all day, then will go into pouch much at night to nap
and groom. so being in pouch is not always sleeping, sometime its just being in
the house, resting and grooming.
slowly put the pouch in front of glider, see if they will go into it.

so with a healthy diet, my gliders were put on OHPW right away, sometimes it
took them a month to start eating all the fruits and veggies. they would eat the wombaroo all up from the start, that stuff is taste.

ps. you say stay up 2 hours a DAY. she should sleep ALL DAY. then be up at
night. BUT you are on day 2, so your glider is not settled yet. give her more time and offer her the pouch opening to see if she will go in the pouch.

again, sleeping on wheel and shaking is because you are on day 2, your glider
is scared, missing mommy and daddy and in a new home.
Question
Sep 04 2020
02:41:34 AM
kay26x Starting Member 3 Posts
Im giving her the OHPW diet and seeing how it goes and little piece of apple inside the bonding pouch which seems to lure her which is great, I usually put the pouch inside my shirt just to give her that mommy feeling and make her feel comfortable with my scent and her surroundings

Thanks for the reply it really relieved me!
Question
Sep 04 2020
04:28:34 AM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
Hi!

Maybe you could make her a pouch out of some old rag that smells like you to It sounds like you are doing what I'd do

You migt want to figure out if there is any way she can get some company.. but I guess introducing new ones can be hard! Maybe you could by one of her sibling, Idk..

Good luck!

Question
Sep 04 2020
04:44:54 AM
kay26x Starting Member 3 Posts
I slept with a piece of fleece on the first day and snuck it inside her sleeping pouch and surprisingly she doesn't really crab when i'm near here which is great! although she crabs when I give her treats outside the cage so I try giving her treats through the bars. I will buy a new glider so she doesn't feel stressed but I feel like I should wait for her to settle first so she doesn't get even more stressed by new company :)
Question
Sep 05 2020
02:13:27 PM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
Sounds exelent to me

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders