Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I think my glider has some joeys! Any help please!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Sep 30 2020
11:23:26 AM
Hi, we brought home three females just over a month ago. We did not want babies, which is why we looked for females only... except, now I think one of them has some in her pouch. She has become larger over the past month and has two noticeable bulges- I also think they were moving around a bit in the pouch because her pouch area was doing “the worm” while she was sitting and eating a snack.

We do not have the dad, and the one with the joeys is not particularly bonded to us since we have only had her for such a short time. She is supposedly only around 7mths or so herself! From what I’ve read, there is a high chance they will be rejected or she will eat them or she will need help?

I have been reading about joey development and I am going to order a rejection kit ASAP. But what else can we do? Do we need to separate her from her two other female cage mates? Will her cage mates help her? Harm the babies? Any help would be great! Or any tips on really helpful websites, etc? Thanks!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 20 2020
09:27:34 AM
GandKaidos Glider 55 Posts
Nukipea have you gotten any answers on this??

Were there babies?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 20 2020
11:51:48 PM
Nukipea Starting Member 3 Posts
Hi, I haven’t had any replies here, but I’ve been doing a lot of reading online and found a couple helpful websites on my own. My approach was leave the girls together and hope for the best.

Last night I saw the first joey outside of mom’s pouch, and tonight there were two- so yes, there are babies! I am now hoping these little guys will be okay, and that mom will continue to take care of them and not reject them. It’s definitely been interesting since having joeys was never in our plans as glider owners. The joeys are very cute though.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders