Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Underweight gliders
Underweight gliders
Health related
Oct 06 2020
10:25:38 PM
Hi everyone! So, i have 3 sugar gliders, they are 2 years and 1 month, 1 year and 3 months, and 1 year and 1 month. All of them are girls The oldest one weights 95 grams which is normal, but the second oldest and the youngest weigh only 61 grams and 65 grams. I've brought them to the vet. He said there are no problems with them, they just don't eat enough. The second oldest is super picky, she doesn't like crickets, but still eat mealworms and only eat sweet veggies (such as corn or carrot). The youngest one is not that picky, she eats both crickets and mealworm, but still prefer sweet veggies over not sweet veggies.

I was thinking to supplement them with glider crack (avocado mixed with egg, chicken, and calcium), but i'm afraid that it'll make my oldest one become overweight. Do you guys have any suggestion or solution?
Health related
Oct 12 2020
03:08:44 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
females can get up to 140 grams without being over weight depending on body
type, so you have a long away to go. I would worry less about a 95gram skinny
glider and more about the 60 gram super skinny ones. keep up on the weight and make sure they dont get fat, but I would start with live mealworms and some
avocado. but yes I would feed them more
Underweight gliders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Underweight gliders