Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My suggies prefer sleeping on a cold floor...
Question
Oct 22 2020
07:53:08 AM
Hi there!

When I first got my baby Rick he was 1 month old and he used to sleep in one of his pouches he has several of. But after two or three weeks I started noticing he sometimes sleeps under his baby disposable changing sheet I use to absorb the urine. I always put him back in a pouch but he would get back under the sheet in several hours. And when I got another suggie Emily and they lived separately until Rick completely healed from his neutering, she always slept in her pouch, but once I moved her to his cage they started sleeping under the sheets together (she always does whatever he does). I put them back but it happens over and over again... There isn't a morning I don't find them on the floor. They are 5 months old now and they have all the pouches in the world but they always choose the cold floor to sleep on... It's getting cold now and I don't want them to get sick. I put a warm blanket on the floor so they can crawl in it and feel a little more comfortable. I tried glueing it on and stuff like that, they manage to get under it anyways :) I can't remove it because they then will have to run in their own urine and *. I wonder if there could be a reason for them to do so. Do they not like their pouches? Well they have many to choose from... Do they feel hot in a pouch? I don't think so because the temperature in their room is about 22 degrees.

Please help!
Question
Oct 22 2020
11:03:07 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would suggest getting a container, lining it with anti pill fleece and putting
fleece pieces inside it. I put mine in a large container but you could leave it at bottom of cage, like a nest for them.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders