Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is 20mm bar spacing okay?
Question
Dec 18 2020
07:14:44 AM
For the context i live in indonesia so my english might not be perfect, please bare with me! It's not that rare to have a pet sugar glider here but it's rare too find an actually good owner in here. So they usually kept sugar gliders in a hamster cage (that is obviously too small for suggies) or small bird cages. Here in indonesia, most owners feed their suggies only baby food and usually have only one of them, so i hope you get the basic idea!

And i personally don't want to settle with that, i want to give them the best lives. That started my struggle to find a good cage for two suggies. Since i live in indonesia, i can't get cages from amazon and we don't have that many varieties for sugar gliders cages here. I came across a Feisty Ferret cage in my local shopping website that i thought would be perfect. But the thing is the bar spacing is 20mm and i heard the maximum is 1/2 inch. But if i were to buy it, will it be safe? Will they be able to escape?

Their cage will be in my room and the ventilation is shut so i have no worries that they will go outside. But i worry they will get stuck or chew the cables and stuff. I really have no idea what to do.
Question
Dec 18 2020
02:17:54 PM
Curiouskito Starting Member Visit Curiouskito's Photo Album 3 Posts
Hey neighbor

Its hard to find glider cages here, so why don't you try bird cages? You can get rather big ones with small gaps. They will fit all your requirements.
Question
Dec 18 2020
06:34:00 PM
Nia Starting Member Visit Nia's Photo Album 2 Posts
Omg hello!! I've been searching for a perfect bird cage but still cant find one. Do you know where i can start looking? Onlin shopping seems to have the same option.
Question
Dec 22 2020
01:15:55 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
20 mm is to big. 13 mm is usually the suggested maximum

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders