GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hpw and other foods from exotic nutrition
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2021
08:48:19 AM
Hi,
I'm just getting back into owning sugar gliders after years of not owning them and I was wondering if the hpw diet and other foods on exotic nutrition are safe to feed as a staple diet?

Edited by - Boots16 on Apr 09 2021 08:49:06 AM
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2021
10:34:28 AM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
The food and staple diets from Exotic Nutrition are NOT good. If you want to go with ohpw, you can get the stuff for it from here: www.etsy.com/listing/754753538/sugar-glider-ohpw-triple-pack?ref=shop_home_active_7&crt=1
Food, Diet
Apr 09 2021
10:37:44 AM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
Correction: the staple diet that they have is NOT safe. Most of the treats that they have are probably okay, but you can get them elsewhere for a much better price. The dried fruit and stuff that they have is full of added sugars. You can get cheap, good, sugar free, preservatives free dried fruit from Target. It'll be a lot better for them.
Food, Diet
Apr 10 2021
06:06:31 AM
Boots16 Glider Visit Boots16's Photo Album USA 185 Posts
Ok thank you.
Food, Diet
Aug 09 2023
05:34:42 AM
SuggieSlave1991 Joey 18 Posts
Completely agree with the person above. You do not want to get anything from exotic nutrition. The only thing I would suggest on their site is their Cages. There cage sets have killed multiple gliders, and their diets have way to much protein in them. Same with Amazon, or a pet store, their cage sets are not safe for them either. Or their wheels. I highly suggest a freedom runner wheel!!! They are the safest wheels and best ones on the market. The owner of the company took everything that held a safety concern into consideration and designed his wheels to hold no kind of risk at all. They are expensive, but they are so WORTH THE MONEY!!!! And your gliders will love you even more for it!!! You can find then by simply searching freedom runner on Google, and I believe it is the first or second link. But you'll know it's the right page once you see it. There should be a video on the home page demonstrating the wheel with multiple animals trying it out.

Hope this helps. And luck with your new glider Journey. I have 8 right now, and one about to come out of pouch very soon. I can't wait to meet the new one, but I can't keto them all lolz. I wish I could #129315;
Food, Diet
Aug 09 2023
05:18:52 PM
Thank you for the information. I'm trying to get things in steps before owning them again. I used to sew my own cage sets and I have alot of fleece because I own ferrets and make them sets. I just want to make sure I'm giving them the best I can when I do get them. I'm rehomeing my leopard geckos because I'm getting out of breeding them and that will free up the space for the sugar gliders.
Food, Diet
Aug 11 2023
05:35:40 AM
SuggieSlave1991 Joey 18 Posts
That's exactly what I did before I got my first pair. I started 6 months in advance getting everything I needed for them. And I also learned how to sew my own cage sets. I'm currently in the process in becoming an approved vendor for cage sets, toys, and kitchens. Do you plan on sewing your own cage sets again? If so do you know all the safety rules to follow? If not I have a copy of them I could send you if you'd like. Also, if you have a Facebook I would highly suggest joining the sugar glider guardians group. It's an amazing resource for new owerns or even experienced owners. They offer a free mentor program if you feel like you would like one. And if you don't, if you ever have questions, there are a ton of experienced owners on there always willing to help. Sugar glider Guardians is also a rescue. Last year they managed to rescue 500 gliders from being Euthanized because of irresponsible breeders that literally Tortured these poor babies. All together they had over 2000 gliders at their Establishment, and atleast 200 of those gliders were dead inside the tiny cage they were kept in, with nothing but a pbc pipe to sleep in, rotting food, nasty water, and covered in feces. And almost more then half has teeth abcess, and so much more. Females gliders were found carrying dead Joey's in their pouch. They managed to get 500 gliders restored back to full health, and all were adopted out. It is an amazing group with amazing people that all just have a passion for sugar gliders.

Food, Diet
Aug 19 2023
01:47:49 PM
I do plan to sew my own sets again.I know that there can't be any exposed seams for them to get caught on. If you would like to send me that info you can. I have gotten the cage and the raptor wheel with trim trax.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders