Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Diet has too much calcium
Food, Diet
Jul 12 2021
03:57:47 PM
Just got back from the vet with my 9 yr old male who has crystals in his urine. The vet said it is due to diet being too high in calcium. He is on instant HPW with mixed veggies and blended fruits. The vet advises to get "smart HPW". What other diets are there that have lower calcium? Or I guess anything to offset the amount of calcium he gets (along with the other 3 gliders with him)
Food, Diet
Jul 12 2021
06:27:15 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
Are you feeding the HPW from Exotic Nutrition?
I would recommend BLM, OHPW or TPG for diets.
Food, Diet
Jul 12 2021
08:07:48 PM
GliderPack Starting Member 2 Posts
I am feeding the one from exotic nutrition. I used to feed the BML. But one of my gliders stopped eating it completely so i switched to the instand HPW. (Which I believed to be ok) I asked my vet what her opinion was on the BML diet to which she said it was still too calcium heavy and the batches of food cant be regulated to make sure that youre not feeding too much calcium. I bought the OHPW supplements to try. (Fingers crossed that all the gliders enjoy it). The smart HPW that was recommended by the vet I cant seem to find the ingredients or even how much comes in a bag. Didn't know if there was any opinion on that diet.
Im really hoping the OHPW is a hit and clears up his crystals. As well as not being too calcium heavy.
Food, Diet
Jul 14 2021
10:32:32 AM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
I hope that it'll be a good fit!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders