Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help please! My sugar gliders cage got left open
Health related
Aug 19 2022
05:13:32 AM
I’m a new owner of my sugar glider and we just got a new cage. I woke up to my glider crawling on me so I tried to catch him and he ran. I ended up grabbing his tail and putting him in his cage as he was trying to get out of my hand. He is acting fine his tail just seems a little bent at the top. I’m so scared that I hurt him but he doesn’t seem to be in pain. Should I take him to the vet? Please help I don’t know what to do.
Health related
Aug 20 2022
12:04:07 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
keep an eye on him. in my city I have a good vet that is low priced, so I dont
mind taking them in if needed, he is just always super busy. but some vets are very expensive. I keep an eye on their behavior. the few gliders I have pass away get sluggish, slow down, move slow. this is a very bad sign, and they can pass in a few days or hours. if your glider is active alert eating i would be less worried.
ALSO, next time get a medium towel, throw it over him. the dark and under something slows them down and its easier to get them. ALSO any time you feed him a treat, put it in plastic container, like tupperware, and shake it. he will get used to the noise and come for a treat. if i go into glider room and do this, shake the can, they come out most of the time. some are so lazy they stay sleeping, but usually come out to me and sit with me to eat the treat. Even my one female that doesnt like humans will come to me for a treat.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders