Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Please Help!!! Black toes
Health related
Jan 30 2023
11:06:42 PM
Please help!! Any advice is appreciated. My poor baby got a string wrapped tightly around her toes. We took her to the vet to get it off and two toes are black. I’m worried sick. He sent us home and said she might self-mutilate. That can’t be good right. Plus he said the bad tissue could possibly start spreading to the good tissue causing more damage and that she might lose a leg. Right now it’s just the tips of her toes. It’s kind of a wait and see situation, but is it really??? I found one other forum where the same thing happened but that Dr went ahead and amputated the toes. What would you do if it was your baby? I can’t sleep. Im staying in their room to keep an eye on her. She ate tonight and so far is not bothering it. I am so worried. I love her so much, my heart hurts so bad. Please pray for Poppy.
Health related
Mar 03 2023
08:43:42 PM
Ab88 Starting Member 1 Posts
I don’t have any solutions to your issue but just to say I am in the same boat , my tinker bell got a string wrapped around her back right toe .we just move from out of state and have not established a vet yet, I have called around everywhere looking for affordable vet care I’ve even tried to ask people if I could surrender her to a zoo to save her life but here I am two weeks later and no luck. I was using silver honey on her toe and isolating her from her brother and I made a e collar she kept taking off , she was so stressed separated from him and now her toe has turned black (necrotic) and spreading fast, and the only place who will see her for $25 I have no way to get there because I don’t have a car it’s a half hour drive away . I tried appliying for care credit but they said I will get a letter in a week explaining why I wasn’t pre - qualified for the credit card. , and the solution they are giving me at the emergency vet hospital since I can’t pay $200 for an amputation is they said the would do free euthanasia so she won’t suffer, I feel awful , I’m losing sleep and I cry a lot , I’ve had them almost 4 years. I am devastated, I hope your situation works out and I feel your pain I have a feeling the only solution is to take her on and say good bye ,#128557;#128557;#128557;#128557;#128557;#128557; I

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders