<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by taiwangirlie</i>
<br />I know I can't believe everything I read online but...
According to http://www.moondance-sugargliders.com/sugar_glider_plant-tree_information.htm
alyptus globulus (the same species of Euc
alyptus that is listed on http://www.eucproducts.com/
) is of minor toxicity to sugar gliders.
Ingestion may cause some minor symptoms such as rash, vomiting or diarrhea. Ingestion of small amounts may not cause any symptoms at all."
Has anyone had any problems feeding them Euc
alyptus? What constitutes a "small amount"?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Unfortunately that chart is not specifically made for gliders just an overall glance at what is toxic. Euc
alyptus makes up a large portion of a wild gliders diet they are by no means allergic to it or have any problems with it. The toxicity associated with most euc
s does not effect many marsupials and sugar gliders are genetically immune to these toxins other animals might be effected by. Gliders strip the bark from euc
s and ingest the liquid that the wound creates, they also eat euc
flowers, and use leaves as bedding. For a wild glider euc
s are essential to their survival.