Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Red Hands?
Red Hands?
Health related
Nov 04 2008
11:22:22 AM
Mindy's hands and feet are almost red. Which I've neverseen before.. They're a dark pink-ish red and it almost concerns me. They don't seem to be bothering her.. but while i was trimming nails today I noticed.. Do you think it's just how her hands are colored?? I'm trying to take a picture to prove my point. Yes their hands are normally pink.. but mindy's are dark pink/red.. which vixie and peanut's aren't.. Anyone know why maybe??
Health related
Nov 04 2008
03:43:35 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Vixie - I am at work and dont have access to my bookmarks. But I know Ive read about this. When I get home sometime around 6pm - Ill find that post for you.
Health related
Nov 04 2008
07:19:07 PM
Something_To_Believe_In Face Hugger Visit Something_To_Believe_In's Photo Album 647 Posts
I have seen really red feet 3 times - in one of the gliders, his feet began to swell soon after they were noticed to be red. This glider had a staph infection which took a LONG time to recover from and the glider almost died several times.

Both of the other times I have seen it, the glider was having an allergic reaction - one to the fabric soap being used and the other to a material used in a toy in the cage.

I would have your little one checked out immediately. I would also remove EVERYTHING from the cage and replace it with stuff that you KNOW the glider is not having issues with - you may have to slowly do a process of elimination, but you don't want her to have long time exposure to something she may be allergic to.

Bright red feet/hands are NOT normal. You are right to be concerned.

Edited by - Something_To_Believe_In on Nov 04 2008 07:20:21 PM
Health related
Nov 04 2008
08:07:59 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Thank you, Val!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2008
03:50:10 AM
AngieH Face Hugger GliderMap Visit AngieH's Photo Album 934 Posts
A vet check is in order here. I knew someone who lost several gliders to an infection that started in the feet. They came up here for vet care for one. Please don't wait, an infection of any kind can be very serious in gliders.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2008
08:04:45 AM
Britt_marie19 Face Hugger Visit Britt_marie19's Photo Album USA 537 Posts
better safe then sorry...
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2008
09:08:31 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Any update Vixie?
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2008
11:13:13 AM
Vixie Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Vixie's Photo Album USA 707 Posts
It's strange.. its really strange.. Her hands aren't red at all today.. but all day yesterday they were.. They weren't like a bright red... but just darker then normal or darker then the other two.. There aren't any signs of anything wrong with them.. But I'm going to keep checking to make sure they don't get red again. I'll keep you guys updated especially if something goes wrong.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2008
04:16:46 PM
amy82195 Glider GliderMap Visit amy82195's Photo Album 125 Posts
Any news on the this baby?
News
Nov 09 2008
08:11:32 PM
Vixie Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Vixie's Photo Album USA 707 Posts
Mindy's doin fine.. i think that her hands/feet are just darker in color naturally. One wouldn't notice the color difference unless you compare her hands to one of my other ones hands.. but everything seems to be fine and dandy
Health related
Nov 10 2008
08:16:27 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Still might be good idea just to get her checked out, just to be on the safe side. Gliders tend to hide sicknesses.
Health related
Nov 10 2008
01:55:37 PM
I agree, have her looked at just to make certain.
Red Hands?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Red Hands?