Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Animal Poison Control Hotline
Health related
Jun 04 2009
09:58:44 AM
Today I had a big scare with Hobbes because he ate a roach that had been sprayed with poison. I am still watching him for any signs of illness. But a vet recommended a really helpful hotline for animals that could be poisoned. They really helped me alot so I thought I would share it with everyone..

800-213-6680

They charge $35 but in an emergency, its well worth it.

Edited by - Reenabee on Jun 04 2009 09:59:25 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2009
10:05:51 AM
Nicole87 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Nicole87's Photo Album MD, USA 650 Posts
bookmarked, thank you!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2009
10:10:16 AM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Thanks! I have a zoo at my house, so I should have had this before, but didn't!!!
Health related
Jun 04 2009
10:18:57 AM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Health related
Jun 04 2009
10:41:16 AM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
Thank you!!!
Health related
Jun 04 2009
10:56:28 AM
tisha Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit tisha's Photo Album tisha's Journal OK, USA 2081 Posts
Thank you so much, I have bookmarked this. I hope your little ones is alright!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2009
03:54:39 PM
Jaclyn13 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Jaclyn13's Photo Album Jaclyn13's Journal AZ, USA 1359 Posts
thank you mucho :) your helping alot of people by posting this.
Health related
Jun 04 2009
04:26:21 PM
Drakkie Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Drakkie's Photo Album Drakkie's Journal USA 1116 Posts
They charge 35$? I think thats a bit crazy, I would rather just go to a vet to be honest :. Because what happens if they are poisined? They can't do anything over the phone.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 04 2009
04:34:58 PM
lovely1inred Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit lovely1inred's Photo Album 1144 Posts
She called her vet and the vet didn't know a whole lot about the poison....which makes sense, they know animals, not pesticides and food additives and what not. $35 is steep but WAY better than a dead glider.
Health related
Jun 04 2009
05:10:53 PM
snusie Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit snusie's Photo Album snusie's Journal USA 2962 Posts
All chemicals --- from pesticides to gasoline and even cleaners --- manufactured and sold in the United States for use in the workplace are required by OSHA to provide a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). They're out there for lots of products. You may be surprised; I found one for Palmolive dish soap, Vaseline, and Neutrogena lotion!

The MSDS has several sections; but sections 2-4 are important for poison control. Section 2 lists hazardous components; section 3 lists hazard identification: routes of entry, signs and symptoms of overexposure; section 4 gives first aid measures. If you can give this information when you call Poison Control, it will make their job easier. It will help you too, for example whether or not to induce vomiting, or whether or not to drink milk or water.

It's really easy to get one; just use your search engine and type in MSDS and the product name.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders