Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
How do I hang a Wodent Wheel?
Question
Jan 18 2010
10:00:27 AM
I have 2 Wodent Wheels but they are siting on the bottom of the cage and i see that so many have them hanging on the sides and was wondering how you did it. i would love to get the wheels off the bottom of the cage. plus i love watching them run in it, but cant see them to well where the wheels are now.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2010
10:20:07 AM
snusie Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit snusie's Photo Album snusie's Journal USA 2962 Posts
You can zip-tie the stand to the side of the cage.
Question
Jan 18 2010
10:26:02 AM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by snusie

You can zip-tie the stand to the side of the cage.

Or to the top.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2010
12:21:48 PM
fergline Super Glider Visit fergline's Photo Album USA 317 Posts
i did the top, its really space effective :)
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2010
01:03:09 PM
Mrpianowizard Face Hugger GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Mrpianowizard's Photo Album Mrpianowizard's Journal 572 Posts
I've always thought about doing that, they make so much noise in the wheel lol. But I never have the time to do it...maybe my dad will do it haha
Question
Jan 18 2010
02:54:26 PM
Goldwinger Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Goldwinger's Photo Album Goldwinger's Journal VA, USA 1369 Posts
I have mine up top along the back of the cage. I zip tied the stand to the top of the cage and then zip tied the back bar of the wheel to the back of the cage. Absolutely does NOT make any noise when the run in it. Sometimes I can barely tell they are in there.

You can see the stand at the top of the cage in the picture.

Question
Jan 18 2010
03:42:38 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
The critters like the wheels up high. They will seek safety in them and will go in to satisfy any urges to run away as if scaling a tree branch.

You can remove the wheel from the base and slide it through the cage wall to give it more support. This helps any vibration issues as well.

Question
Jan 18 2010
09:45:52 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
Kazko - I love that idea!! Thanks for sharing it!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2010
11:09:59 PM
slave4suggies Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit slave4suggies's Photo Album USA 1101 Posts
I have mine attached to the top, I slid it through the bars and it makes no noise. Matter of fact, the stealth wheel makes more noise than my wodent wheel.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 19 2010
09:55:51 AM
shygurl0189 Glider GliderMap Visit shygurl0189's Photo Album shygurl0189's Journal USA 144 Posts
Thanks you guys! i will do that tonight!
Question
Jan 19 2010
05:00:52 PM
AUtigers350z Glider AUtigers350z's Journal USA 143 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by slave4suggies

I have mine attached to the top, I slid it through the bars and it makes no noise. Matter of fact, the stealth wheel makes more noise than my wodent wheel.

I've found that my wodent wheel itself isn't that loud.. their fingernails clicking on it while they run is what creates the most noise

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders