Sugar Gliders
Look what Can happen with a Bad diet. :(
Previous | Next |
Page: of 11
Food, Diet
Feb 13 2012
06:13:36 AM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
Food, Diet
Feb 24 2012
08:28:19 AM
MomosMommy Starting Member 2 Posts
I am currently feeding my 2 babies Momo and Wanda the Suncoast diet. It is a side of pellets with different fruits and veggies and occasionaly yogurt. Is this bad? Im running low on food and just saw this thread and am considering doing HPW? Also, is the occasional organic baby food ok?
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 25 2012
02:37:58 PM
sophieowner Glider Visit sophieowner's Photo Album 103 Posts
bumpin cause this is a good post
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 25 2012
07:27:48 PM
Grace Face Hugger Visit Grace's Photo Album 428 Posts
Yes, it's best to change to a different diet. HPW is great; I use HPW instant from exotic nutrition. It's easy and has a 2:1 Ca:P ratio. Organic baby food without garlic or onions in it is good, and as long as the baby food contains glider-safe veggies and fruits, or some of the safe meats such as turkey and chicken are also good.
Food, Diet
Feb 25 2012
08:18:22 PM
roxys sugarbabys Face Hugger Visit roxys sugarbabys's Photo Album 643 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by suggieluver02

This is A post to help spread how IMPORTANT a good diet actually is. I didnt think there was a post like it so i think its important we have one.

So, To start off. This Post, is for people to post Pictures of Gliders that they rescued or aquired that had been on Bad diets, and after that, You can Post an "After" Picture of the glider showing how much a difference it is when a glider is on a good diet.
Any Ideas, and/or suggestions for the post please let me know.

[center] [/center
The pic is from day one for he was on the nasty pellets nbut when we got home he wasnt on them any more so the pic was the night we went to get him. And now HPW and look how good he looks and fatty lol 88g now 126g
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 25 2012
10:03:01 PM
fazioli Face Hugger Visit fazioli's Photo Album 906 Posts
Wow roxy...a HUGE improvement! Congrats on the progress of your baby!
Food, Diet
Feb 26 2012
01:59:41 PM
MomosMommy Starting Member 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Grace

Yes, it's best to change to a different diet. HPW is great; I use HPW instant from exotic nutrition. It's easy and has a 2:1 Ca:P ratio. Organic baby food without garlic or onions in it is good, and as long as the baby food contains glider-safe veggies and fruits, or some of the safe meats such as turkey and chicken are also good.

I saw on the website that they suggest using it with their OWN pellets. I am trying to get away from that. Do you give them the fruits and veggies along with the HPW? Is there a link or something that describes how to use it?
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 03 2012
09:31:07 AM
sjones5254 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit sjones5254's Photo Album SC, USA 2415 Posts
Bump
Question
Sep 03 2012
02:51:54 PM
Clay001 Joey Visit Clay001's Photo Album 25 Posts
Hello everyone I realize this is an old topic but I am a new suggie mommy and I have recently adopted two new babies , one male one female both about 8 months old....The female looks great though she is a little wild and needs help bonding to me..... The male is so sweet but he is in very rough shape, as far as I know they were both fed pellets and fruit which I have come to learn as bad ... I have ordered the supplements for the BML diet hoping this will help, the male is under weight With greasy Fur that is cracked and his tail is not fluffy , his belly fur is also yellowish ! I am worried about his health and am waiting for the supplements to come in the mail, does any one have suggestions to help him untill the supplements get here? And also is the BML diet a good choice for his condition!? Help!!!

Edited by - Clay001 on Sep 03 2012 02:54:55 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
03:11:49 PM
Skyfire Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Skyfire's Photo Album AZ, USA 456 Posts
In the mean time you can feed them scrambled or hard boiled eggs, chicken, fruits and veggies, yogert,ensure just not chocolate flavored. Mive love the vanilla. That will help give them a boost till you can get their diet together.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
03:29:58 PM
Thank you do much I'm just so worried about him, he seems fine as far as energy and happiness I just knew something was wrong when I saw him , and alsO he's verry pickey he may drink the ensure I'm not sure about the eggs , I don't think they have been fed crickets or meal worms because they won't touch them!!! I feel like they Arnt getting enough protein....
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
03:45:31 PM
okusandman Face Hugger Visit okusandman's Photo Album 870 Posts
All of mine love chicken so give that a try. If they don't eat the BML try HPW, the exotic rescue down here rehabs hers on instant HPW which has a protein supplement in it if he is determined not to eat eggs, chicken, or bugs.

I'd also push the calcium - try the yogurt (mine only eat plain Dannon but most of the others say theirs like berry or vanilla flavors). Try to feed him papaya, watermelon and cherries which are favorites, papaya has a great calcium ratio, watermelon will him stay hydrated and cherries seem to be irresistable to my crew. Spring mix (pre-mixed salad section) has a lot of calcium and my critters go nuts for it too.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
04:03:24 PM
Thank you I will try all these things to figure out what he likes , he really likes yogurt drops he chirps when he eats them lol, hard not to give to many lol have only been giving two drops would you suggest more? I thought about maybe putting the mealies or crickets in yogurt and see if that would be more apatazing.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
04:16:40 PM
You can try brakeing the mealworm in half and let him smell the guts. Mealworms are better for a treat because they are high in fat. Yogert drops are a treat as well. Another diet you can look into is LGRS which has done wonders for my rescues. It is a high cal and protien diet. Worked great on my sicky Emmett who was in need of a lot of cal and protien. Of course I had to adjust it a bit for his needs but he loves it and is getting better everyday!

I have been using the ensure for the past couple of weeks for Emmett and have given some to the rest of the crew too and they all love it. Good source of cal and protien too!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
04:27:40 PM
Wow , I have been looking into many diets !!! There are so many lil hard to pick, that's why I decided to start with the BML since its the oldest one that's been around, I have had to drink ensure because of weight problems... Wouldn't hirsute to try to give it to my baby's his coat is in bad shape I just want to know he's healthy think I'll go pick up some ensure right now... How much would you reccomend I give?
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
04:42:43 PM
Untill you get a diet fixed I would serve about a tablespoon along with fruits and veggies and protien, chicken, eggs,shrimp, lean ground beef, turkey.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2012
05:49:32 PM
Thank you do much for your help I went and got ensure and the ingredients for BML , now just have to wait for the supplements , Im going to cook some eggs and see if he will like them may give some baby chicken and gravy for protein he may like that more I guess it will just be trial and error for the next few days .
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
10:16:25 PM
twhgliderfan Starting Member 2 Posts
Okay, Im new to this diet. I was told that I can feed him mealworms, vegetable medley, yogurt, baby food, and the sugar glider pellets. Which is what I give him daily besides the mealworms should I be doing anything different??
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 11 2012
10:55:08 PM
MARINE Glider Visit MARINE's Photo Album USA 111 Posts
WOW.. that one sugar glider was a chubby lil guy. What did they feed em... Soda and frosting?
Pictures
Sep 12 2012
09:03:30 AM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
here are a few of what mine looked like when i got them and what they look like now.

this was when i first got him his far was broken up and he was small

this was when i started hpw

she has a spot that look like she was burt with a cig cause as you can see a little the spot is perfect to a brun mark left by a cig.I was told she was in a fight with a female glider but the spot was to red and the hair took for ever to grow back but it did at last and the rest of her hair looks great.now i did change the wheel out but as you see they used the bath room on it while i was gone.

this is both of them but sugar baby aka gidget looks better, she has no spots on her now.

as you can see here after eating hpw ziggy hair looks way better and they both look great.

Edited by - baby.girl on Sep 12 2012 09:14:21 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 13 2012
07:35:29 AM
suggiemom02 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggiemom02's Photo Album suggiemom02's Journal KY, USA 906 Posts
I
Food, Diet
Sep 13 2012
11:38:21 AM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by twhgliderfan

Okay, Im new to this diet. I was told that I can feed him mealworms, vegetable medley, yogurt, baby food, and the sugar glider pellets. Which is what I give him daily besides the mealworms should I be doing anything different??

You can feed all of those things but it is not a complete diet for a sugar glider. Specifically the pellets and baby food should be switched out for a diet that is more nutritious such as LGRS, HPW, AWD, BML, and some others are good choices. Try to feed fruits also. Good luck and I hope I helped, feel free to pm if you are lost.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 20 2012
09:28:54 PM
Abbys Mom Starting Member 6 Posts
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We are going to get Abby off pellets totally ASAP and on a good diet! Now I just have to find sources for the ingredients!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 21 2012
08:14:33 PM
FireGirl72 Joey GliderMap Visit FireGirl72's Photo Album FireGirl72's Journal USA 41 Posts
I had an issue with the HPW instant diet which i thought was a good diet( BOY WAS I WRONG) one of my gliders ended up with half her fur falling out
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 21 2012
09:18:41 PM
renee14150 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit renee14150's Photo Album 1850 Posts
Oh my!! Firegirl can you give more info please. I've never heard of that happening. How did you come to the conclusion that it was the HPW? I've been
feeding original for 3 years.
Food, Diet
Oct 21 2012
10:10:53 PM
kbolin92 Super Glider Visit kbolin92's Photo Album TN, USA 240 Posts
Instant is not HPW. It has entirely diff ingredients and is not made by Peggy.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 03 2012
07:38:08 PM
AnimeFreak176 Super Glider Visit AnimeFreak176's Photo Album MD, USA 296 Posts
BUMP
Food, Diet
Nov 03 2012
07:57:00 PM
GliderLove94 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit GliderLove94's Photo Album GliderLove94's Journal 1153 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by FireGirl72

I had an issue with the HPW instant diet which i thought was a good diet( BOY WAS I WRONG) one of my gliders ended up with half her fur falling out

If you mean HPW Complete or ENs Instant HPW, please share. A lot of the newer users on here are using Complete, including myself to sample. Any information you have would help.
Food, Diet
Nov 03 2012
08:09:45 PM
GliderLove94 Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor Visit GliderLove94's Photo Album GliderLove94's Journal 1153 Posts
Results of a long term pellet, yogurt, and apple diet from her previous home, minus the brown, which went away after being on BML.

Edited by - GliderLove94 on Nov 03 2012 08:10:58 PM
Food, Diet
Nov 04 2012
07:21:40 AM
mibo Joey 11 Posts
My glider is on pellets, but she looks perfectly fine. She doesn't take HPW or whatsoever though. Just apples.
Previous | Next |
Page: of 11

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders