SCAMS ABOUND
Previous |
Page: of 5
SCAMS ABOUND
Information
Jan 14 2014
09:36:41 PM
Lbell513 Joey Gliderpedia Editor Visit Lbell513's Photo Album 23 Posts
Hey guys if you want to know a legitimate sugar glider website go to www.gliderpets.com they send them in a nice and comfy box for them the next Thursday after you order them I got glider from them and they are great
Information
Feb 14 2014
10:33:53 PM
zeusismyboy309 Starting Member 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by kazko

There does seem to be an uptick in listings all over the Internet of sugar gliders for sale in a highly sketchy manner. A true modern day person will not let themselves be taken by scams like these but it never hurts to share what to look for as some people may simply not be aware that there are others out there willing to take your money from you.

Please share some things you think others need to look out for before sending money to some distant island to ship in animals.

Here are mine as I can recall:

Dont send money out of the country or to an island.

Dont fall for sob, extended or complicated stories. Most folks simply list something for sale and that's it. Long stories start to scream scam.

There is no substitute for doing an in-person exchange.

Buy locally.

Roadtrip to pick up your new animals no matter how far. If you really cant manage this, you really dont need to be having animals in the first place.

Ask around to see if anyone else has dealt with this person.

Look for post count in forums.

Buyer beware.

If it seems too good to be true, it is.

Don't be greedy.

Get your animals from a sanctuary, shelter, rescue that has a history.

Take your time. If you are in a hurry, you are not ready for animals.

hi everyone something like this happened to me has anyone of you heard of the name Pocket Pets. well they said that they were the number one breeders in the world. ITS A LIE!!!!!!!! the food is grounded up dog food and the gravy makes them stink. luckily at pet smart i ran into a lady named becka she told us that 3 or 4 of her gliders died from using their so called "healthy diet" so i was really upset when i found that out but what made me devastated was when i found out that the brothers and sisters breed ed and i just wanted to let everyone know
Information
Feb 15 2014
01:46:33 AM
indiccarose Glider Visit indiccarose's Photo Album 114 Posts
I'm sorry, I'm not trying to poke fun about a serious topic, but reading all the posts about Cameroon, have made me giggle because, for one I live on Cameron street In Louisiana(that's just weird). But when I read Cameroon, In my head I pronounce it like Saskatoon ( like in the movie grownups).Maybe I've just been up to late playing with the babies..lol
Information
Jun 20 2014
09:11:33 AM
Ezra0622 Starting Member 2 Posts
Has anyone been scammed by someone with the email address brandywesly@gmail i have been looking around for my first sugar gliders for a while now and i received an email with pictures of the gliders yesterday and she thanked me for inquiring about them then told be about them and what they came with. I didn't recall the subject name since i always use the header of the original ad to keep from getting confused. But i replied with a few questions and she replied saying that i could not pick them up since she lived in Minnesota and that she would ship them and their stuff to me for $280. Then she asked for my information. I am from Nj and have never looked any where but within a 3 hour driving distance from my location.
Information
Jun 28 2014
08:36:26 PM
9597girl Joey Visit 9597girl's Photo Album 18 Posts
Is GliderPets a good place to purchase joeys?
They are in Houston, TX, and I was wondering if any of y'all have purchases from them. Thanks!
Information
Aug 15 2014
07:00:54 AM
tootles Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap tootles's Journal 1981 Posts
No glider pets is S&S exotics they are a mill breeder. You might be rescuing a glider if you get one from them. But if your new I would not suggest it.
Information
Sep 03 2014
01:00:37 PM
drummerrip Joey Visit drummerrip's Photo Album IN, USA 24 Posts
Beware bellesahin@yahoo.com
Turns out "Sahin Belle" is a Camaroon-based scammer.
Always check the photos against Google, and if possible, I recommend facebook stalking to make sure the person is real. :)
Information
Sep 07 2014
07:35:54 PM
daynaandbrent Joey 40 Posts
I just contacted someone off of another form someone here gave me the link to and she contacted me back. I sure hope she isn't a scammer. I believe she is in another state. I can't find anyone closer to where I am to deal locally. If she is scamming I will definitely let yall know!
Information
Sep 07 2014
10:11:53 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
If you contacted someone from Glider Central you have probably found a reliable breeder. That forum is very strict about making sure the breeders that post their joeys are active members of the glider community - known to other folks on the forum and if they have a history of poor sales practices - they are not allowed to post.

Information
Sep 08 2014
04:27:25 PM
daynaandbrent Joey 40 Posts
Ok ill have to double check to see which form it was. Thanks.
Information
Feb 14 2016
05:27:00 PM
Kinsey.ash Joey Visit Kinsey.ash's Photo Album Kinsey.ash's Journal 44 Posts
I was on craigslist and looking for a sugar glider and saw one in a town about 5 hours away who said they did deliveries to anywhere for free. I was being stupid and replied and they were saying how I needed to send money today for them to deliver a Mosaic Joey to me for only 100$ even though I had only asked how much it was for their Joey. I came to a conclusion that it was probably a scam so I just ignored them but then they stated calling me! And "She" said her name was Elizabeth but when I got the calls it was some Indian guy who called like every hour so I just blocked him because he kept leaving voicemails saying he needed to know where I live and to mail him the money.
Information
May 02 2017
06:09:00 PM
duari91 Joey Visit duari91's Photo Album 11 Posts
Just some more tips from what i've experienced in the past:

The general scam story going around right now is a sob story about how a ladies daughter passed away in an accident, and that she has to get rid of her (insert pet here) because she can't bare to look at it (it reminds her of the daughter).

Essentially they'll go on and on about how they want to make sure that you'll take good care of the animal and you aren't a bad person...yada yada.

They'll write an entire novel of stuff. That's the red flag. No one writes a novel. Legitimate sellers are prompt and direct. They want to sell it for X dollars, at Y day/time, at Z location.

Also, do the following when you find an ad online advertising the sale of Gliders:

#1. Run the photos of the Gliders in google images. It will tell you if they are fakes/copies and where the origin website is. I've almost been fooled by this. I responded to an ad that had images from a UK Glider info website. Of course, I didn't know until I ran the images.

#2. Run their email (if they give it to you/provided on Craigslist). If you google their email address in quotations, it will show you every direct result for the address. You can see if they have a bunch of different ads open, which could tell you if its legitimate or not. One time, I saw a bunch of entries, for a bunch of different pets (dogs/birds/etc). Immediately run from these advertisements,

#3. Run their phone number. This is the same as the email address. But you can also run their area code to see where they are from. I saw some people posting an ad in a state that was different than their area code. Upon inquiry they told me they were out of state and wanted to ship the animal to me. Avoid this at all costs.

Following precaution for buying animals online:

#1. Make sure they come with proper documentation (vet visits/lineage/etc)

#2. MEET IN A PUBLIC PLACE. Can't be stated enough. So many people get robbed, or worse, because they tricked into going to a secluded place. If the seller is unwilling to meet in a public area, cancel the deal. Selling animals is big money for some people. When there is a lot of money involved, the risk for fraud/robbery increases.

#3. Try and get as much info from them as you can. For example, what is their first name(by introducing yourself)? Phone number(texting pictures or communicating)? People unwilling to give general information probably don't want to be known. Avoid them at all costs.

#4. Bring people with you. Safety in numbers, for obvious reasons.

Last little note I can give is, trust your gut.

This is all information i've learned by trying to get MY Gliders via online/through ads. I hope this helps out.

Information
Nov 27 2017
10:37:22 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
I just wanted to add my experience to the pile. I got my boys off of Craigslist, but the first two ads I contacted about were scammers. One had a phone number that was definitely not local, used broken english, and immediately offered to "ship them straight to my door" then stopped replying when I said I wanted to get them in person. The other sent me a bunch of glider pictures he pulled off of google images and when I crosschecked his number he apparently also sells marijuana. It's possible that this guy actually did have some gliders but was either too lazy to get actual pictures of them or they were pretty bad off so he didn't want to. I stopped corresponding with him after finding the marijuana ad so I never found out how he'd respond to me wanting to pick them up. It's possible he would have tried to give me bag of mice.
Information
May 06 2018
10:42:38 AM
ZooVeteran Joey 12 Posts
How can they deliver gliders by post ?!
Information
May 24 2018
03:29:36 AM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by ZooVeteran

How can they deliver gliders by post ?!

They don't actually mail them. They fly them. Or at least legitimate breeders do.

https://www.thepetglider.com/pages/travel-arrangements
Information
Jul 04 2021
03:34:28 PM
kossori-z Starting Member 1 Posts
has anyone had any dealing with jason’s sugargliders?

jasonsugargliders.com/ They seem legitimate, but with researching, i could not find any reviews or address, and i felt a little nervous about them not accepting credit card. asked to send on zelle.
Information
Jul 05 2021
07:12:40 AM
ZooVeteran Joey 12 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Lottie_Star

Oh my gosh... I feel really bad cuz honestly I need to sell my sugar gliders and it truly is a sob story lol. I bought them in the mall, I wanted one forever, and then there they were. Big eyes, long tail and the softest fur I ever felt. They guy said "they cost $4 a month to care for and travel with you!" He never mentioned all the time i had to spend trying to bond with them. I have been asked to leave stores because one of them dislikes being in the bonding pouch and "crabs" at me. I did spend 2 days doing research on them and thought they sounded perfect for me before I bought them. Unfortunately they really do require more from me than I was told and after trying every tip and trick in the book for the last 4 months (wearing 2 shirts, bonding pouch, playing in a tent) they only seem to be becoming more fearful and tend to BITE me. Not just a nibble I mean they chomp down and draw blood. Anyone know someone around North Carolina looking for 2 un-altered females. They are so cute but I think they would be better suited with someone who can give them the time. Everything goes with them, cage, food, bowls, water bottle, wheel and some toys.

I hope that you will find them a better owner, and also that you learn how to search online !

You cannot imagine how I hate people who adopt animals then trash them !

I hope that at least you will give them for FREE !

No respect to you.

Information
Dec 19 2021
08:37:28 AM
Quinn Starting Member Visit Quinn's Photo Album 2 Posts
I got scammed two weeks ago $400 then they tried to get more from me and my husband knew right away I was being scammed I was naive! I cried and cried felt so vulnerable and stupid. And the website is still up I have no idea how to report them I was scared they hacked my phone also!

tamed-exotics.com/sugar-gliders/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzfuNBhCGARIsAD1nu-_ZB0-5jTMd1jfCT2f6So6P8sE042qW1YljvjRXXzo98fjcn9uVg7kaAhN2EALw_wcB

That’s the website^^^^

And before anyone says anything mean please don’t I know how dumb I am so please no rude comments.

Information
Dec 19 2021
11:59:46 PM
ZooVeteran Joey 12 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Quinn

I got scammed two weeks ago $400 then they tried to get more from me and my husband knew right away I was being scammed I was naive! I cried and cried felt so vulnerable and stupid. And the website is still up I have no idea how to report them I was scared they hacked my phone also!

tamed-exotics.com/sugar-gliders/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAzfuNBhCGARIsAD1nu-_ZB0-5jTMd1jfCT2f6So6P8sE042qW1YljvjRXXzo98fjcn9uVg7kaAhN2EALw_wcB

That’s the website^^^^

And before anyone says anything mean please don’t I know how dumb I am so please no rude comments.

$400 ? yes it's way too much...

SCAMS ABOUND
Previous |
Page: of 5

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
SCAMS ABOUND