Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Albino Sugar Glider
Albino Sugar Glider
Question
Oct 15 2011
06:07:40 PM
I am interested in getting an albino sugar glider. Are they difficult to find? Is there a certain breeder's website I could visit? Also, do they have any conflicts with the other sugar gliders? (Racism is dead...)
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 15 2011
06:52:26 PM
newby Face Hugger Visit newby's Photo Album 527 Posts
There are not alot of actual albino's available to the public. Alot of the breeders that do have them are keeping them for themselves. Usually you are only going to find the albino hets that are available. And if you do find an albino, you better expect to pay out the nose for it. Good luck on your search.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 15 2011
07:21:08 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
I often hear albino gliders being named the rarest of all. You might want to take a look into creaminos as well. Both of these colors are very expensive and all of the breeders that sell them will be just as strict as they are with greys on the prospective forever homes.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 15 2011
07:37:29 PM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts
Doesn't Kozi have leus and creminos? She might have albinos too... You should contact her and see what she has.
And like the others have said, expect to pay an incredible amount- its purely supply and demand at work.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 15 2011
08:35:52 PM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
theyre like pokemon i swear, good luck finding one!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 15 2011
08:49:49 PM
rammsteinmiss Face Hugger Visit rammsteinmiss's Photo Album IN, USA 506 Posts
I just want a leu. They are so cute!!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 16 2011
02:06:53 AM
b.m.k Super Glider GliderMap Visit b.m.k's Photo Album FL, USA 368 Posts
What are the differences between albino and cremino?
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 16 2011
03:07:49 AM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
Albinos are all white and have red eyes, Creaminos have burgundy eyes and are also white except for a very faint burgundy stripe running down the middle of their body.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 16 2011
10:18:21 AM
dragonflycatcher Face Hugger Visit dragonflycatcher's Photo Album FL, USA 723 Posts
homermomma should be having some form of albinos as she has an albino female. she should be able to tell you more about them too. i havent even looked into them as i prefer to help any glider that needs a good home rather then choose for thier coloring.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 17 2011
07:24:30 PM
RandE Glider Visit RandE's Photo Album USA 90 Posts
There are VERY few breeders that sell albinos. Your best bet would be The Pet Glider. I know I've seen some albinos on her website for sale. There is only one line that produces Albino and that's Moe and Disco. To reproduce an albino a certain amount of line breeding must occur. For that reason, breeding for albino is not something that should be undertaken by the novice breeder.

There are many more breeders that breed for creme-ino. Which is a variation of albanism and IMO prettier. They have darker red eyes and have beautiful creme markings. They are easier to find and less costly.

creme-ino:
Question
Oct 18 2011
07:15:09 AM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
Ok, I admit it: I'm curious about the different color variations. Though hubby & I are NOT in the market of getting any new babies at this time, if ever, & we're def in the "adopt" vs. "buy" mode...I had to look this up & wanted to share this link.

Color Pricing Guide
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 18 2011
08:38:35 AM
stefaniey86 Super Glider GliderMap Visit stefaniey86's Photo Album USA 276 Posts
I have a Leu and 100% Leu Het (both males, Leu name is Spongebob and Leu het is patrick, my kids named them lol)

I hope soon to get a Mosaic :)
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 18 2011
08:44:37 AM
They are so beautiful! But wow, RChurch, $3500-5000 for albino! I'll stick to my grays, that way I can afford the more and the merrier! Beauty is only skin deep...

Thank you all for your replies and beautiful pics *jealous*.
Question
Oct 18 2011
09:01:10 AM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
Don't feel that way. We adopted Catwoman & I believe she's a White Faced Blonde. :) And this was totally by accident. We just needed a mature female for our Batman (also adopted). Looks were not that important to us. Guess we just got lucky.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 18 2011
09:17:41 AM
I'd really, reeeeaaaaaallllly love an albino, maybe it can be my Christmas present... and birthday present... and anniversary gift... for about ten more years ;D
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 18 2011
11:02:00 AM
jjmurph Face Hugger GliderMap Visit jjmurph's Photo Album USA 836 Posts
i didnt realise creaminos were more expensive than albinos but thehomermomma has an albino
Question
Oct 18 2011
12:07:38 PM
BlackDrappa Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BlackDrappa's Photo Album BlackDrappa's Journal NY, USA 1876 Posts
I told my bf I want a leu instead of an engagement ring

Can you imagine?! Him proposing and the joey crabbing like crazy

I would be the happiest girl ever though

Edited by - BlackDrappa on Oct 18 2011 12:08:06 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 19 2011
04:32:25 PM
RandE Glider Visit RandE's Photo Album USA 90 Posts
creme-inos are not more expensive than albinos. Albino's are the rarest color variation of sugar gliders. They fetch top dollar in the market.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 19 2011
05:17:40 PM
suggielover74 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggielover74's Photo Album USA 933 Posts
I think that the color variations are beautiful. However since all of mine have ended up here finding their forever home I will probably never have anything but the gray's. Although if someone does come knocking looking for a forever home for one who is not standard gray, I would have to consider changing my mind from being at my limit, LOL.
Question
Oct 19 2011
05:25:51 PM
TheHomermomma Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit TheHomermomma's Photo Album 1332 Posts
jjmurph- I have a Cremino...not an Albino. She's beautiful but the ruby eyes that practically glow kind of freak me out when I'm caught off guard! LOL! She's a sweetheart!

Default, miscellaneous
Oct 19 2011
05:58:05 PM
suggielover74 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit suggielover74's Photo Album USA 933 Posts
What a cutie!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 19 2011
07:37:35 PM
TheHomermamma, SOOOOOO JEALOUS! The first fish I bought at the age of 6 was white with red eyes, so I think it may be an issue with my childhood maybe? :D

I love the red eyes! And I would name him/her Bartok, like the funny bat off of Anastasia!
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 19 2011
09:38:39 PM
AvasMommy Glider Visit AvasMommy's Photo Album 140 Posts
BMK do you still want an albino or just a cremino? There is a local breeder here in Michigan that has an albino right now.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 20 2011
01:57:55 AM
We would like either. When it comes down to it, it will have to do with the money we have available to spend and the time we have to devote to bonding again. Our lives will be a little hectic til January, not so much we can't devote the needed time to our current babies, but bonding and quarantine and vet visits and the like won't fit in our schedule til January. We also want to get our two neutered sometime in the next couple months, so we'd like that to be healed as well and to determine what effect it will have on our current pair. And... we live in Florida so Michigan is a bit of ways to go! That turns a $3,000 glider into a $5,000 one with time off work and the trip! Could I have the name of the breeder and contact info if you have it though? Right now we're doing our research, but the actual purchase will be a few months off.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 20 2011
12:30:15 PM
AvasMommy Glider Visit AvasMommy's Photo Album 140 Posts
Well cremino there are ALOT of really great breeders in Florida. Before I found mine I was looking at a few to have one flown to MI. The breeder here in Michigan is Kristopher DeRose. He owns glider craze. He has an albino girl a available. I like the albinos as well I have an albino Chihuahua. However the sugar gliders creep me out so I am getting a cremino so their eyes don't creep me out as much.
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 20 2011
12:40:27 PM
I LOVE the eyes! However, it looks like the albino or cremino plan will be years away now, we just got involved in rescuing a poorly cared for female, so we may have our hands full for awhile.
Question
Oct 20 2011
01:39:27 PM
THEHYLAND Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit THEHYLAND's Photo Album FL, USA 4774 Posts
<font color="green">I still would like a white one but wife says four is enough. </font id="green">
Albino Sugar Glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Albino Sugar Glider