General Chat
Piercings over 40
Next |
Page: of 2
Piercings over 40
Off topic chat
Nov 04 2011
08:42:43 PM
I am seriously thinking about getting my nose pierced tomorrow...not a septum piercing, just my actual nose! LOL I am an overweight-but-working-on-it (hey, I've lost 25 pounds and at least 2" off of most of my body so far), 42 year old mom and professional woman with teens. I guess I must be having my midlife crisis! LOL

No, I am not going to post a photo of myself here. Seems irrelevant. I just want to hear other peoples' opinions about facial piercings over 40. Trying to decide if it might be a goofy OR fun thing for me to do! My 17 year old says go for it.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 04 2011
08:44:12 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Well...I'm rapidly approaching 40, am a professional that owns my own business and have teens as well...and my nose is pierced...and it's staying that way. Not sure how much help that is. LOL

Edited by - kyro298 on Nov 04 2011 08:45:00 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 04 2011
09:09:14 PM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
go ahead and do it if you really want. most of the time it looks cute. you will also get some cool mom points for it lol XD
congrats on the weight loss.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 04 2011
09:13:17 PM
DizzyPo Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor USA 1241 Posts
Doeeeeet!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 04 2011
10:32:16 PM
Zoe0206 Glider Visit Zoe0206's Photo Album FL, USA 86 Posts
I'm 36 and have mine done, and love it. I have a very small "diamond" in it. No big bling:) It's a piercing, not permanent like a tattoo. I say do it, if you don't like it just take it out.
Off topic chat
Nov 04 2011
10:38:39 PM
Catman Goose Catcher GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Catman's Photo Album CO, USA 2670 Posts
You are over 40, pierce what ever you want :) . We only live once!!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 04 2011
10:44:55 PM
eschiavoni2 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit eschiavoni2's Photo Album eschiavoni2's Journal 512 Posts
As long as its fine with your work go for it! If your work isn't ok with it you may want to wait until vacation or something so it heals and you can change it without causing it to get irritated/infected.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
01:44:46 AM
JamieDawn Super Glider Visit JamieDawn's Photo Album JamieDawn's Journal OR, USA 291 Posts
My boyfriend is a professional body piercer and adult women (30s, 40s, even 50s) came in for piercings all the time! Tattoos too!
You do you, girl.
I have both sides of my nostrils pierced, the pain is minimal and the healing and care is easy. Just make sure you don't let them pierce it with a piercing gun! Those things are DANGEROUS.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
09:37:47 AM
residualvisuals Super Glider GliderMap Visit residualvisuals's Photo Album USA 377 Posts
Definitely. I think a nose piercing is one of the more classy looking ones. I like that you can put rings in that are just little specks of sparkle. They put a ring in when they first pierce it though for easier cleaning, so you can put saline on it, clean off any crusties, and rotate it to get the solution through the hole a bit. Just so you know, you may be stuck with an awkward ring for a week or so. Some people can replace the ring earlier than that, some a little later, but not much.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
10:33:33 AM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
Thanks, everyone! :)
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
11:12:53 AM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
I want to do the same but hubby said no way. I'm older than him so I believe I should be able to do what I want. Do it. I dare ya. Just post pics of it afterwards.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
11:44:52 AM
MeaghanM Super Glider Visit MeaghanM's Photo Album 228 Posts
You only live once!!
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
12:22:44 PM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Omis n Kais g-ma

I want to do the same but hubby said no way. I'm older than him so I believe I should be able to do what I want. Do it. I dare ya. Just post pics of it afterwards.

Since you're older than he is, shouldn't he be "minding his elders"? I'm just putting that out there...

I'd say, yeah, do whatever makes you happy! When I turned 35, I got my navel pierced for the first time. Why the heck not? Bodies are for decorating!
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
12:28:52 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
I got his name tattooed on my ankle when he was in Afghanistan the first time. Yea, he wasn't thrilled.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
12:43:27 PM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
You should add to that tattoo...make it a ball & chain with his name on the ball! LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
01:01:26 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
LMAO!
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
01:26:05 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
I don't do piercings or tattoos but I do believe that as an adult, you can make your own choices. It is your body!
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
01:27:24 PM
Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Gizmo-n-Roos Mommy's Photo Album OH, USA 1624 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by RChurch

You should add to that tattoo...make it a ball & chain with his name on the ball! LOL

Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
02:10:45 PM
Jasons Super Glider GliderMap Visit Jasons's Photo Album TX, USA 235 Posts
As a single 37 yr old male GO FOR IT!! IMO women in my age range if they have a nose pierce I will look twice. Gives the impression of fun outgoing person and possibly put them up a notch on the maybe list.

Not saying that's what you are looking to do since you are married. Just my opinion in how a guy may look at it.
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
03:10:00 PM
Too late, it's in a heart. I have my kids initials around it as well. They are CNN. People ask if I have stock in CNN but sadly nope, just my kids initials. He's going back to Afghanistan next year so I'll get another tattoo. Probably a yellow ribbon. We'll see.
quote:
Originally posted by RChurch

Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
03:34:18 PM
hottness Super Glider 240 Posts
Do it! Age doesnt make a difference in my opinion even though I get told Im too old for mine now all the time! It's a matter of personal opinion and if YOU want it,then rock whatever!
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
06:02:43 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by hottness

Do it! Age doesnt make a difference in my opinion even though I get told Im too old for mine now all the time! It's a matter of personal opinion and if YOU want it,then rock whatever!

That is ridiculous, age is a state of mind, never let people categorize you because it makes them feel more comfortable.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
06:24:39 PM
Untouchable3 Glider Visit Untouchable3's Photo Album 57 Posts
My mom is 47, and just got her first tat about 2 years ago, and maybe 7 years ago got her belly botton done. I myself have many..of each.
I believe it is your body and do what you want.
I periced my own nose when I was 15. I am now 27. It is cute, but buy many nose studs as you will lost many of them! ;)
GL
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
06:31:07 PM
My daughter loses hers practically daily...and I haven't lost a single one in years and years. I don't get it. LOL
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
08:48:40 PM
Mollysmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit Mollysmom's Photo Album MI, USA 2011 Posts
My daughter hasn't lost hers yet...but I think it will be fun to have different rings, anyhow!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
09:13:54 PM
DoubleBogey Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit DoubleBogey's Photo Album USA 1244 Posts
I say go for it! My sister is 36 and got hers done not long ago. I think they are cute and moreover I find them classy if done right. I am with the others - age is nada importante'. Worst case, pluck the sucker out if you don't like it.

I would tell you this though - carefully choose where you place it and do NOT put neosporin on it. It can cause it to heal funny. UNLESS of course an EXPERT tells you otherwise. That is just what my sister told me the piercer told her and her daughter did it anyway. She ended up with a funky bubble scar that took several months to settle out. (My sister and both her daughters have their noses pierced).
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
09:15:47 PM
Willows Tree Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Willows Tree's Photo Album USA 1294 Posts
I agree..Go for it!
My kids paid for my tattoo for my 50th B-day.
A triquetra on the back of my neck.
I think the cute lil' diamond on the side of the nose is very attractive..The hog ring, in the center of the nostrils, is not even cute on young girls.
I'm seeing the small stone, up higher, and off to the side of the lip, is pretty too..I think it's called a Monroe, after where Marilyn had her beautymark mole.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
09:41:45 PM
DizzyPo Fuzzy Wuzzy Gliderpedia Editor USA 1241 Posts
Kim, that funky bubble scar is a keloid
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
10:31:04 PM
Rita Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Rita's Photo Album Rita's Journal MO, USA 12214 Posts
I'm 59 and dont think nose piercing is for me. But I have no problems with anyone else who chooses to do it. I got my tattoo at age 47...and need to get a revision...which I just might do for my 60th birthday.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 05 2011
11:26:37 PM
newby Face Hugger Visit newby's Photo Album 527 Posts
I'll be 41 at the end of this year and got my belly button pierced when my oldest turned 16 and wanted hers done (a mother daughter kind of thing) and that was 6 years ago. Took my youngest daughter when she was 14 to get her belly button pierced.

Got my first tattoo 6 years ago as well and now have 13 of them with more still to go. My hubby (boyfriend then) did NOT like the idea of me getting a tat and to this day is not real fond of them, but they grow on him and he would never tell me no.

My youngest daughter will be turning 18 and wants me to take her to get a tattoo next week. Not sure how well she will do with that but its her choice and I have never been shy about how they hurt, so she's prepared for that but who knows.

I feel that it is our body to do with what we want and if we like piercings, tattoo's, plastic surgery or whatever and its our money paying ofr it then its no one elses business to tell us what we can or can't do.

One of these days I'll get my nose and eyebrow done.

I say go for it!
Off topic chat
Nov 05 2011
11:43:00 PM
JazzNZoeysmom Zippy Glidershorts GliderMap Visit JazzNZoeysmom's Photo Album USA 5354 Posts
I say GO FOR IT! I would love to do it but I went with my daughter when she had hers done & saw how they do it! I'm not that brave. I just turned 44 & for my mid-life crisis I got my 1st tattoo on the top of my foot & a Candy Apple Red Mustang Convertible!
Piercings over 40
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Piercings over 40