Sugar Gliders
New Cage = Spoiled Rotten!
Next |
Page: of 2
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
04:29:18 AM
My husband finished our PVC/mesh cage! It's 6' tall, 5' wide on both the back sides, about 2'-4' deep depending on where you are in the cage, and complicated measurements everywhere else. All I know is it's giant and they LOVE it!

Their old cage next to the new one (the old cage is only so mess and sad looking because I was in the process of cleaning it)

Jack supervising the building. He wants that zip tie a little to the left.

Cage set for the big cage! I felt like I made so much, but in the cage it's still empty feeling. Oh well, more room to glide, right?

My husband constructed a labyrinth of plastic chain and some straws to pull out of it! They love their trampoline, though unsure of the swinging at first.

Mom went to so much trouble to make us stuff but we'll just sit on the PVC bars instead. Typical.

Maybe we'll sit in the hammock if there are pumpkin seeds there...

The smaller Christmas set I made for their old cage. The female we're getting in a few days will use this in quarantine.

So nice to have it all done with!

Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
05:17:22 AM
Sarah2880 Super Glider Visit Sarah2880's Photo Album 352 Posts
Wow! That cage is huge!!! Looks awesome!!! Do the doors open completely for easier cleaning?I really like it!! Nice Job! Now can you come over and make me one please :) I will be making another cage here in a little bit...
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
05:51:12 AM
sbear3s Face Hugger Visit sbear3s's Photo Album 745 Posts
Really nice!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
05:52:44 AM
b.m.k Super Glider GliderMap Visit b.m.k's Photo Album FL, USA 368 Posts
Oh, heavens, no. I've had nightmares about zip ties. It was pretty easy to do, though. Make one even better!

Yeah, the front door swings wide open so I can reach everywhere in the cage. We are also going to install two smaller windows on both front sides. Would have done it already, but ran out of PVC pipe and then the vehicle we can fit more pipe into broke down... sad face. Having just one big door is forseeable as a pain though. We'll definitely be adding windows!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
07:23:14 AM
Binkys mom Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Binkys mom's Photo Album AL, USA 779 Posts
nice job on the cage!!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
07:31:19 AM
rammsteinmiss Face Hugger Visit rammsteinmiss's Photo Album IN, USA 506 Posts
Great job!!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
07:34:44 AM
BlackDrappa Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BlackDrappa's Photo Album BlackDrappa's Journal NY, USA 1876 Posts
OMG! I want one for my Suggie room!!!!! Soooooo jealous!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
07:35:39 AM
waterburyk9 Super Glider Visit waterburyk9's Photo Album 297 Posts
Very nice job!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
07:44:18 AM
BlackDrappa Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BlackDrappa's Photo Album BlackDrappa's Journal NY, USA 1876 Posts
If you can get a legit break down of dimensions and how to build it, that would be awesome! Could be a good project for the boy and I!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
07:53:01 AM
dpatters28 Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit dpatters28's Photo Album USA 3134 Posts
Great job!!! My gliders are jealous. :D
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
07:54:37 AM
carafernicola Joey Gliderpedia Editor Visit carafernicola's Photo Album 43 Posts
Wow thats amazing ... puts Chloe's posh glider mansion to shame ha ha! I want one!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
07:58:44 AM
JRMMJONES Face Hugger GliderMap Visit JRMMJONES's Photo Album USA 405 Posts
what are you using on the bottom? for droppings? I have considered building one, but haven't figured out a way to keep it as easy to clean as our other cage.
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
08:20:20 AM
Althalus Glider Visit Althalus's Photo Album Althalus's Journal 116 Posts
This cage IS excellent! Though I have one concern, can you remove it from the room to hose it down and clean it? (which is my preferred way) I really like the corner idea, but would be too difficult for me to get out the door or down the hall. I do love the door design and will probably be stealing it!! lol But all in all, I'd say THIS CAGE IS VERY SUPERB!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
08:23:43 AM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BlackDrappa</i>
<br />If you can get a legit break down of dimensions and how to build it, that would be awesome! Could be a good project for the boy and I!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
If you'd like a simple huge cage design, look at my journal!
I'm not certain, but I think they got this idea from Catman or Me! (which is where I got it from)
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
09:20:40 AM
AshleyJ Glider Visit AshleyJ's Photo Album USA 158 Posts
Love it!!!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
09:28:39 AM
RChurch Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit RChurch's Photo Album RChurch's Journal USA 1377 Posts
Wow! Super job! (This is me, whistling at ya!) Woohoo!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
09:29:28 AM
sjones5254 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit sjones5254's Photo Album SC, USA 2415 Posts
very very nice i bet that is going to be a pain though to clean all the pee off :)
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
09:32:05 AM
Pixie10 Super Glider Visit Pixie10's Photo Album 361 Posts
This is the link for it :) Sorry, still don't know how to make it clickable! But I will be making one for my babies in the next couple of months! Error, missing URL. e
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
10:39:11 AM
shadow Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit shadow's Photo Album MO, USA 2332 Posts
http://www.sugarglider.com/gliderpedia/index.asp?Projects here are some more how-to's for pvc cages. i like AUtigers350z/Eric's how-to on it. it really came in handy when i built mine.

Edited by - shadow on Nov 09 2011 10:42:28 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
01:23:50 PM
hypnotist321 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit hypnotist321's Photo Album hypnotist321's Journal 1742 Posts
LOVE IT!!!!!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
05:46:07 PM
Skeeter Face Hugger Visit Skeeter's Photo Album Florida 425 Posts
That is gigantic!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
09:06:34 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JRMMJONES</i>
<br />what are you using on the bottom? for droppings? I have considered building one, but haven't figured out a way to keep it as easy to clean as our other cage.

When we move to our new apartment we will be using what is basically white board material cut to the right size. But for now, the simplest thing to do is buy a $2 6'x6' shower curtain and put beneath it.
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
09:08:45 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Althalus</i>
<br />This cage IS excellent! Though I have one concern, can you remove it from the room to hose it down and clean it? (which is my preferred way) I really like the corner idea, but would be too difficult for me to get out the door or down the hall. I do love the door design and will probably be stealing it!! lol But all in all, I'd say THIS CAGE IS VERY SUPERB!

Oh yes, I made that one strict stipulation that I can get it out easy enough to give a good hose down at least once a month. It's very light, but does require me and my husband to move it. It also is designed so that it comes apart in three sections by just cutting the zip ties on a few mesh pieces so that it's easier to move.

And yes, Althalus, we definitely looked at your journal and stole ideas
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
09:28:00 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BlackDrappa</i>
<br />If you can get a legit break down of dimensions and how to build it, that would be awesome! Could be a good project for the boy and I!

Hope this helps. These were the dimensions we used. It is also 6' tall, with an additional 5" between the floor of the cage and our floor to make it easier to move paper in and out from beneath it.

I would recommend looking at Althalus' journal on how he built his. Catman also has a description. It's really very simple to do, and cost all in all less than $300. If you can saw through PVC pipe and tie zip ties, you can build this cage.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
09:45:17 PM
Oh, and FYI, you can see it in one of the pictures, but we used plastic shower curtain hooks from Walmart as door hooks. They snap perfectly around two PVC pipes!
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 09 2011
09:46:58 PM
Untouchable3 Glider Visit Untouchable3's Photo Album 57 Posts
LOVE IT!
Pictures
Nov 09 2011
09:58:10 PM
<b>GREAT TIP!</b>

We were concerned about a small hole at the corner where the door meets the frame, they could possibly wiggle out. So, my genius of a husband made a bumper he attached to the top frame of mesh just folded over. This way when we close the door there's a mesh bumper they can't get out of! Here's a pic to explain better...

Default, miscellaneous
Nov 10 2011
03:16:00 PM
alysone31 Joey Visit alysone31's Photo Album USA 28 Posts
SO JEALOUS!!
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 12 2012
11:35:54 AM
mhall10 Joey 40 Posts
how hard is this to clean?
Pictures
Mar 12 2012
04:13:09 PM
Omis n Kais g-ma Pouch Protector Visit Omis n Kais g-ma's Photo Album TX, USA 7524 Posts
I love it! It is huge!
I'd hate to clean it though.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 11 2012
10:49:53 PM
These cages are as easy to clean as any other. Hose and dawn with an auto brush. EASY. And very very very light weight.
Next |
Page: of 2

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders