GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
PPP or PP or Pocket Pets or GRE, INC
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 27 2012
12:12:00 PM
Poll Question:
Originally known as Perfect Pocket Pets due to their domain name, Pocket Pets of Florida has been recently trying to distance themselves with the lie that they were not ever the "evil" PPP from the forums and that they are and have always been Pocket Pets. Of course, all along they HAVE been GRE, INC regardless of the local or Internet based names which they seem to keep experimenting with to this day.

So the question to you is, how should we be referring to these people? All of the names apply and so do many more of course.

Choices:

Stick with PPP and always link to the historical public records
PP (short for Pocket Pets)
Pocket Pets of Florida
GRE, INC

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 27 2012
10:30:16 PM
fox0r Face Hugger Gliderpedia Editor Visit fox0r's Photo Album USA 496 Posts
I know PPP, PP, or Pocket Pets. I didn't even know GRE, INC until you mentioned it just now. :o

Maybe when discussing them, do like.. PP (PPP, GRE, INC, Pocket Pets, etc) in an initial posting so people know they are all one in the same?
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
06:18:40 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
bump
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
08:49:57 PM
Arrivederci Joey 33 Posts
I have always called them pocket pets. That is just what I know them by.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
09:46:48 PM
KritterCare Face Hugger Visit KritterCare's Photo Album KritterCare's Journal USA 633 Posts
I always have known them as pocket Pets. And that's what their email address refers to them as.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
09:51:10 PM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
Didn't used to. That must've changed.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
10:23:01 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
I think most of us older farts would prefer to continue calling them PPP, however, that is exactly the basis of their lame identity argument. My intent is to discuss this here and see if we can come to a consensus. If we as a community choose to retire the PPP references, then we must do so by correcting. I am starting to wonder if Pocket Pets is the best way to call them, not PPP or PP. Of course that is such a generic term that it serves to stealth them a bit in the search engines. But we have many a remedy for that.

So what say you people?

Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
10:41:43 PM
My only concern is that there are other places using "Pocket Pets" in their name, right? If you're specifically talking about the Virgil Klunder owned or former Virgil Klunder owned, Perfect Pocket Pets, then wouldn't we be lumping other companies together with them?
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 28 2012
11:32:50 PM
fazioli Face Hugger Visit fazioli's Photo Album 906 Posts
Just one thing to add...doesn't some people refer to PP also standing for Priscilla Price? I have seen that before where someone will put PP and they mean Priscilla Price. I hope all of this makes sense, as I am posting from my phone.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 29 2012
02:58:51 AM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
What other companies are named Pocket Pets?
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 29 2012
05:30:22 AM
We have Loveable Pocket Pets here in CO. SL used Pocket Pets of Dallas, not that I care if he gets accused of the same things...
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 13 2012
11:43:23 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Pocket Pets of Florida would be recognizable and specific to Virgil Klunder's marketing of sugar gliders.

The term 'pocket pets' is used by many flea market type vendors on their signs. Many folks have come here saying the bought from 'pocket pets' but after a few questions are answered it was clearly not a purchase from one of the Pocket Pets of Florida sales representatives.

the abbreviation PP can be confused with Priscilla Price - especially when someone says I am feeding the "PP diet" - it is not clear immediately if they are talking about the pellets from Virgil's company or if they are asking about Priscilla's diet.

I think most of our comments are more generalized and apply to ALL of the Mill Broker types out there so we might also just say Mill Broker so comments include Virgil Klunder, Steve Larkin and others like them.

Most people here would have no clue what GRE Inc is referring to. That is why Virgil uses it as a shield to hide behind.

Edited by - Candy on Apr 13 2012 11:45:23 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires