Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar glider railroad
Volunteering
Volunteering
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 08 2012
09:37:48 AM
Probably a good idea to have a spot where people can find others willing to go some of the distance with our furry little friends, so let me be the first to step forward. :)

TERRITORY: From Anywhere in New England, To Anywhere in New England (Maine, NH, VT, RI, CT, Massachusetts, but can't /stop/ anywhere in MA until gliders become legal there)

BEST TIMES: Weekends, especially Fridays and Sundays as those are my days off

CONTACT: EMail is best - jerrycnh@gmail.com. Also PM here but I might not see it right away.

SPACE CONCERNS: I have two bonding pouches and a travel cage, so could take as many as 3 unbonded gliders at a time (could obviously take more if some of the gliders were bonded/able to travel together, or if the gliders come with their own bonding pouches.) Cannot transport any cage bigger than the crappy Pocket Pets one, no room in the car for it. Can make sure the gliders have apples for the trip and a water bottle to drink from while waiting for the next railroader to show up at a rendez-vous point. Am willing to part with the travel cage and one of the bonding pouches so long as the glider recipient ships them back to me at some point.

GLIDER HOTEL: Given my location in the corner of the country, I'll probably be either the first or last leg of any given railroad trip, but on the off chance the gliders need to stay a night or two before moving on to someone else, I have my old Pocket Pets cage for them to stay in for a couple of days, as well as the travel cage if some need to be seperate.

WILLINGNESS TO TAKE A GLIDER IN: I'm willing to consider being a final stop for any glider who doesn't have a loving home to go to, but only as a last resort right now as I generally would rather wait at least a year before adding to the group I already have, I'm still not the most experienced glider parent and want to really focus on these guys first. Come 2013 that will change and I'll be eager to talk about rescuing, say, a couple of gliders from the really really big Texas preserve if we get the railroad going strong enough.

I think that covers everything someone might need to know about a glider volunteer. :) Maybe someday Kaz will make a map of us so we know what our coverage area is.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 09 2012
07:20:27 PM
prettyinpink5808 Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit prettyinpink5808's Photo Album 1223 Posts
I'm in the Ct area so totally willing to help out with any railroading!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 10 2012
02:22:00 AM
Skyfire Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Skyfire's Photo Album AZ, USA 456 Posts
I am in Tucson, AZ for now. I am willing to be forever home or temp. Looking into starting a rescue also.

Can help transport also to anywhere in AZ. I can make extra bonding pouchs and don't mind giving them away for the rescue glider. I am a stay at home but only have one car for now. Short trips during school day and open on the weekends.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 10 2012
03:09:59 AM
karensink Face Hugger GliderMap Visit karensink's Photo Album 802 Posts
I am in Louisville Ky, can help with southern indiana, southern ohio, all of ky and northern tenn
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 12 2012
12:57:34 PM
BlackDrappa Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BlackDrappa's Photo Album BlackDrappa's Journal NY, USA 1876 Posts
I'm in Buffalo, NY. I have two spare cages, plenty of supplies, and have fostered before!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 12 2012
01:10:33 PM
KritterCare Face Hugger Visit KritterCare's Photo Album KritterCare's Journal USA 633 Posts
Middle of Michigan (usually out of the way), but would be willing to help out if anyone up north in Michigan was the destination, or if it was coming from Northern Michigan. Would also be more than willing to foster if anyone needs foster homes in the area, extra cage is cleaned out and awaiting uses!
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 12 2012
03:59:05 PM
AshleyJ Glider Visit AshleyJ's Photo Album USA 158 Posts
I'm in Lexington, KY. I guess Karensink and I could carpool. LOL.
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 15 2012
12:06:46 AM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
Im in elizabethtown,ky in i could help take in sugar gliders around my area in plus travel a little as well
Default, miscellaneous
Apr 18 2012
10:59:32 PM
nlkklsix67 Super Glider Visit nlkklsix67's Photo Album 288 Posts
Im in North Augusta SC. 8 miles from the GA border and not to far from ALAbama. Im willing to help when needed. To transport, foster or whatever is needed
Default, miscellaneous
May 01 2012
12:42:15 PM
jabbgard Glider Visit jabbgard's Photo Album USA 107 Posts
Im North West of Atlanta, in Georgia.

Also Im going this weekend to Aiken, SC. to pick up a baby so if anyone needs any help I can totaly do it :)

Let me know! :)
Default, miscellaneous
May 01 2012
04:19:31 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
ABQ New Mexico here, I am next door to Val's Sugar Glider Rescue in Panhandle, Texas which I could get to pretty quickly. Depending on the time of year [college] I could probably do a New Mexico hand-off even though it would be highly unlikely that someone would want a glider this far out.

If it were to happen I would likely need help with gas [college, again] hahah.
Default, miscellaneous
May 01 2012
05:05:51 PM
Chosen12020 Super Glider 205 Posts
I'm in Chicago, IL. I'm willing to take in homeless sugar gliders, or gliders that need a forever home in my area.
Default, miscellaneous
May 07 2012
02:14:46 PM
jabbgard Glider Visit jabbgard's Photo Album USA 107 Posts
Railroaded some hedgies this past weekend when I went to pick up my glider :) They are cool little critters :)
Default, miscellaneous
May 10 2012
02:25:37 PM
ResaJane Face Hugger Visit ResaJane's Photo Album 411 Posts
Until mid July I will still be in California (do not lecture me please, I just recently rescured a 2 year old from a neglectful home and had NOT planned on having any gliders until I move to VA in July BUT I refused to leave the little guy with his owner knowing he'd probably be dead within months). I had to get him some buddies b/c he was depressed so now I have 3.

With that said, I will be DRIVING from San Diego, Ca to Austin, Tx and staying about a week. I will then be driving to Tallahasse, FL for a few nights and then on to Fort Jackson, SC for two months. Once I complete my training (I am active duty Navy) I will be moving immediately to Chesapeake or Virginia Beach, VA.

If at ANY time anyone needs me to transport gliders (or pretty much any other critter actually), their supplies, and/or their cages, I will be more than happy to.

I will be towing my 2 horse trailer (without my horse in it so there is PLENTY of room to lay down cages with no suggies inside) and I have a full sized Toyota Tundra.

My suggies and thier belongings are going with me. I have a travel cage and a spare huge cage in case someone has a mini colony to send along.

While in Texas and Florida the cages will be moved off the trailer and the suggies will stay in them. While I am in South Carolina going to school I will have my suggies with me.

IF YOUR SUGGIE NEEDS A RIDE I am more than happy to assist you.

Once I am in Virigina I will be able to take on fosters and do short trips (few hours each way). I am a major animal lover and I treat everyone else's family like mine.

Thank you for your time and thank you for not lecturing me about my suggies in CA - the problem is being taken care of :)
EMAIL: luvmysuggies6@gmail.com
Resa

Edited by - ResaJane on Jun 05 2012 09:56:21 AM
Default, miscellaneous
May 18 2012
01:08:10 PM
PrimoWorks Joey GliderMap Visit PrimoWorks's Photo Album USA 47 Posts
I can handle southern Louisiana, state line to state line (TX/MS) and as far north as Alexandria, LA. Occasionally we travel to one coast/border or the other (month-long camping trips) and can help with other states. All our pets ALWAYS travel with us (whether camping in National Parks or staying at pet-friendly motels) so we are experienced and the suggies will lack nothing during our leg of travel.

As far as fostering, I cannot yet do any fostering, since my large suggie mansion is not finished yet. Once ready, I'll update, but, even with the extra space, I will not foster for more than a month. This little critters have a habit of stealing my heart and I'll end up with too many to be able to give them personal attention. Also, they might get lonely, since I cannot add them to my colony until vet-checked and quarantined.

Irene
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 01 2012
07:09:14 PM
Summernicole Super Glider Visit Summernicole's Photo Album OK, USA 251 Posts
I'm in southern Oklahoma, and can help with the bordering states..will help transport/foster/adopt.
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2012
10:00:03 AM
In mid July iI will be making a trip from CA to Tulsa, OK and then to Austin and Houston, TX. I will be taking the I40 route thru Flagstaff, Az and so on so if anyone on the route needs help just let me know.

Resa

Edited by - ResaJane on Jun 05 2012 10:01:50 AM
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 13 2012
04:04:24 PM
Morgan12422 Starting Member 0 Posts
I am North of Chicago and could do an hour or 2 radius almost any day!
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 13 2012
04:06:28 PM
Morgan12422 Starting Member 0 Posts
Also, I may need some help getting a glider from Middle of Michigan, to a little closer to Chicago. Any ideas?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 13 2012
04:44:04 PM
JRMMJONES Face Hugger GliderMap Visit JRMMJONES's Photo Album USA 405 Posts
I live in central Texas. 70 miles (litle over an hour) west of Austin. I am 2 hours from San Antonio, 4 hours from Dallas, 5 hours from Houston, 4 hours from Odessa.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 07 2012
10:26:14 AM
Okay, I'll be headed cross country on August 1st. I'll be talking the I10 route thru Yuma and Tucson, AZ, Las Cruces, NM, El Paso, Tx and on into Autin where I will stay a few days. I will then head North to Dallas and on to VA. I'm not sure of that route since I have never done it before but I'll be following the directions that Google gives me.

Once in Va I have to drop household goods and my horse trailer off. Then I go down to Columbia, SC, Fort Myers, FL and back up to Jacksonville, NC.

Let me know if I am needed for a railroad....

Resa
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 08 2012
09:23:05 PM
i would love to take in any sugar gliders as well that needs a forever home
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 08 2012
09:43:07 PM
BuzzAndJessie Glider GliderMap Visit BuzzAndJessie's Photo Album USA 152 Posts
Territory: Idaho, Northern Washington, Western Montana, maybe Oregon and Utah during summers

Time: Evenings and Weekends

Travel cage (small parakeet cage) and temporary cage (3x2x2) available. Willing to house gliders temporarily up to two months until permanent situation can be found. May be willing to take gliders permanently.

Default, miscellaneous
Jul 16 2012
10:03:11 PM
Anyone going close by shreveport louisiana?If so pm me in ill tell you the info.thanks
Volunteering

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar glider railroad
Volunteering