Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider Birthday Cake?
Glider Birthday Cake?
Food, Diet
Sep 23 2012
11:43:59 PM
So I found this recipe for a glider birthday cake that I wanna try for my little guys 1 year birthday and I just wanted to make sure if it was safe? I believe it is but I wanted to see if anyone has tried it and if their gliders liked it.

Sugarglider Birthday Cake
1 cup Bisquik (or some other type of similar mix)
2/3 cup Milk
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Dried fruit of some type
(I used Sunmaid Fruit Bits, and took out the rasins)
1 Tbsp Insects
(mealworms, grasshoppers, ect.)
Optional: A pinch of bee pollen

Mix up the Bisquik and pre-heat oven to 375 degrees,
Add in the fruit and insects , Put batter in muffin tins and
bake for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, Cool and watch them go at it!
Yeild: 9 Large Muffins worth. You will have a lot left over.

Frosting:
Acacia Gum with a little water

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 24 2012
09:05:13 AM
Klwallace12 Joey Visit Klwallace12's Photo Album Klwallace12's Journal 43 Posts
Havent tried it lol...but I had to say it sounds awesome! and happy Bday to your suggie babies.
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 31 2012
06:11:17 PM
bigjon Glider Visit bigjon's Photo Album 132 Posts
Thanks I'll half to make it for him but I'll half to give my little girl one to are she will get mad
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 31 2012
06:18:49 PM
sleighr Face Hugger Visit sleighr's Photo Album AZ, USA 648 Posts
Certainly not something I would feed every night, but it looks fun. My only question is would it be a more gliderfriendly recipie with more goodies and less bread? Just enough bisquick to stick the stuff together?
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 31 2012
06:40:58 PM
lunasmomma Joey Visit lunasmomma's Photo Album lunasmomma's Journal 27 Posts
i used this a few days ago :D definitely a once a year thing though
Default, miscellaneous
Dec 31 2012
06:46:49 PM
hypnotist321 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit hypnotist321's Photo Album hypnotist321's Journal 1742 Posts
I made mine a special spinach quiche (sp, lightly sprinkled with cheese and I made a hole and put meal worms in it after it was cool.
I just didn't use a crust and left out the cream and... hmmm... guess what I really made was a baked spinach omelet. lol
Food, Diet
Mar 21 2017
08:00:41 AM
Newgliderowner47 Joey 10 Posts
I know this is old, but you guys should check out suggie chef on youtube if you're looking for cheat day recipes she also has a cake recipe
Food, Diet
Mar 21 2017
08:55:19 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
It's not cake, but I like the idea of mixing banana and egg together and making pancakes. Just 2 ingredients, can you tell I don't like to cook?
Food, Diet
Mar 23 2017
10:25:55 AM
EveGL Starting Member Visit EveGL's Photo Album TX, USA 6 Posts
I also saw someone make a cake my slicing two thin slices from a banana and a watermelon slice to match those slices, stack them banana watermelon banana and then a thin layer of yogurt for icing with some basic tiny sprinkles on top! It was super cute and the sugar glider went to town on it plus healthy too!
Glider Birthday Cake?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider Birthday Cake?