GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
i need some help
i need some help
Research Information
Apr 12 2014
09:22:05 PM
Poll Question:

I had just bought a baby sugar glider about 3 days ago and everytime I go to hold him a barks or grunts at me. Its scared the crap out of me cause he also trys to bite me as he makes those noises. I wanna hold and bond with him so bad, he's so precious and adorable. But im just to scared to grab him I don't want him to hurt me or vice versa. What do I do?

Choices:

maybe just try to play with him
overcome my fear

Research Information
Apr 12 2014
11:00:43 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I responded in your other thread.

There are also bonding tips in the Gliderpedia - look in the forum header for the link.
Research Information
Apr 12 2014
11:33:06 PM
hypnotist321 Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit hypnotist321's Photo Album hypnotist321's Journal 1742 Posts
Gliders don't like to be picked up. (Later, he will climb on you). He's terrified! Your like a GIANT monster to him.

For now, talk to him and let him get comfortable with you. When he stops crabbing about that, maybe take his entire sleeping pouch out of the cage and gently hold it. (Have a treat on hand that he really likes), and if he pokes his head out to say hi, offer it to him. If he doesn't, just talk soft and gentle to him for a few minutes and then put him and the pouch back in the cage without opening it and peeking in ect.

Does he lung too? I remember the joeys going through that stage

Research Information
Jul 23 2016
05:53:43 PM
Loving glider Starting Member 2 Posts
I have one like that. Maybe give him a kernel of corn and while he's eating, pet him. That's what I do.
Research Information
Aug 16 2016
02:21:44 PM
Sugarbabies48 Joey 13 Posts
I've had mine for 4 days. One is already bonded to me completely. You should get a small sports tent & sit in it with them for at least 30 mins a day. When doing errands around my house and watching tv I have them in a fleece scarf with a zipper (found on etsy) and they lay there and make cute little purr noises. Make sure to pet their head gently and feed them some fruit while they're in there.. they love that!
i need some help

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
i need some help