Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Brisbane cage
Brisbane cage
Question
Sep 04 2015
07:04:43 AM
I currently have a Brisbane cage and I'm purchasing another Brisbane cage from a friend. Is there anyway to connect the 2 of them and make one big cage? Has anyone seen this done? Hope too hear back from you guys. Thank you very much.
Question
Sep 04 2015
07:24:56 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts

Question
Sep 04 2015
07:37:16 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
the stand will not work with the cages side by side like this so you will need either a long dresser or platform to put them on. You can also stack them but I think the top cage has to be upside down and there are some gaps that will need mesh attached to close the bigger gaps when they are stacked
Question
Sep 04 2015
12:08:45 PM
littlez4k Glider Visit littlez4k's Photo Album 57 Posts
That's really cool. What did you use on the gap in the middle it looks like a piece of bird cage? Someone told me you could connect the two doors on the side like a tunnel. Have you ever heard of that?
Question
Sep 04 2015
12:30:23 PM
yes it's a piece of a smaller cage we cut to fit the gap.

Connecting the two little hand doors really wouldn't work and wouldn't really give them as much space on the inside of the cage. Your better off removing the side panels and zip tying them together like we did especially if it's a large colony.

Edited by - Leela on Sep 04 2015 12:33:22 PM
Question
Sep 05 2015
07:19:00 AM
What did you end up doing with the stands since your not using them?
Question
Sep 06 2015
09:30:32 PM
I'm not sure what we would do with the stands since we won't be using them.
Question
Sep 07 2015
09:25:52 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
If you think you don't ever think you could use them, you could probably just scrap them or something. Otherwise, you could keep them in storage, disassembled, in case you decide to make two separate cages again.
Question
Sep 09 2015
09:20:24 PM
gliderstwo Starting Member 4 Posts
You can also put them back to back making it more square and you can use the stands which means you can move it. All you need is cut a piece of ply wood the length of both stands and place the cages on top of each stand making it one big cage. I did it and it makes a nice cage and easy to clean. Good luck
Question
Sep 11 2015
08:47:05 AM
Do you have a picture of your setup gliderstwo? Interested in seeing your setup.
Question
Sep 11 2015
10:50:57 PM
gliderstwo Starting Member 4 Posts
I'm sorry I don't have pictures. I have recently taken it apart because I bought the oriental cage from exotic nutrition which take up less space. But putting the Brisbanes together is a great idea. When we move and have a bigger room I will probably put them back together. If you need help in how to do it I can send private message for phone number. If you have a large room it will be great and not all that hard to clean.
Question
Sep 13 2015
09:21:20 PM
Kel64 Starting Member 5 Posts
I have the Brisbane cage and I'm thinking of getting another and attaching them back to back.
Or should I just get a Congo ce?
Information
Sep 22 2015
11:10:10 AM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
It may depend on how you like to clean your cages. Back to Back the Brisbane cages would NOT fit through a doorway to be taken out of the room you have the cage in - or out most doors (other than sliding doors) to take the cage outside for a good hose down scrubbing and thorough rinse.

If you clean your cage outside - the Congo cage might be a better choice for the ease of moving it when necessary.

If I ever need to replace my current large cages the Congo will be my first choice - about 12 inches taller than my current colony cages.
Brisbane cage

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Brisbane cage