Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Protein Powders
Protein Powders
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
11:04:34 AM
Can anyone address with any certainty, what's the differences between High Protein Wombaroo Powder and Glider Gravy (CritterLove Complete)
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
11:17:44 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
from a health stand point, from what I understand, the glider gravy is instant and has powdered eggs and changes to the honey. those differences I have heard some complain about. but otherwise is almost the same.
critter love plus is, I think, same as wombaroo powder.
Wombaroo is from overseas, australia?, and can be hard to get at times. critterlove is made in the USA or atleast very available in usa.
I found glider gravy to be expensive, and critterlove complete also expensive. critterlove plus is alittle cheaper, and I think wombaroo powder is the cheapest of them all. But if you just have 1 or 2 gliders the cost of critterlove plus/complete is very small per month.

I think they are both considered very good for your glider. I remember the label on the glider gravy and complete to be almost identical.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
11:32:40 AM
gr8rcfan Glider Visit gr8rcfan's Photo Album USA 80 Posts
Well, soon after buying my first glider from PP, I stocked up on their products. Since then, they have both refused to eat the pellets, and now the gravy. I made a batch of HPW, using the gravy powder in place of the wombaroo, and they eat that. I also provide some shreds of plain chicken to supplement the protein since the female may be pregnant. But I fear they may not be getting enough calcium & vitamins since the wombaroo seems to have a greater concentration than the PP gravy. (Ive heard from several sources that PP glider gravy is re-packaged CritterLove Complete)
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
01:26:31 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by gr8rcfan

Well, soon after buying my first glider from PP, I stocked up on their products. Since then, they have both refused to eat the pellets, and now the gravy. I made a batch of HPW, using the gravy powder in place of the wombaroo, and they eat that. I also provide some shreds of plain chicken to supplement the protein since the female may be pregnant. But I fear they may not be getting enough calcium & vitamins since the wombaroo seems to have a greater concentration than the PP gravy. (Ive heard from several sources that PP glider gravy is re-packaged CritterLove Complete)

yes I have heard the same, CL complete IS glider gravy.
we got glider gravy with first two gliders, but it was expensive and we found was the same as complete on label, so why not switch.
I had 4 gliders on CL complete, they almost always eat it all. I got 2 more with wombaroo powder. When we combined all 6 together we put in half complete and half wombaroo (Ohpw) honey/eggs/bee pollen etc. They eat ALL the Ohpw and almost NONE of the complete. Although I still believe complete is very healthy for your gliders. I found Wombaroo powder last a long time and seems to be less expensive of all of them. and the gliders seem to like it the best.

I would not worry about the pellets, leave a few around for a few days then throw out of cage so they dont get moldy, then put in a few more. they are good for teeth. BUT you must get them veggies and fruits. I use salad recipe from critterlove websites, 4 salads available. I buy up stuff then freeze and have for a few weeks.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Jul 06 2016 01:35:57 PM
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
01:39:46 PM
quote:

I made a batch of HPW, using the gravy powder in place of the wombaroo, and they eat that.

Wombaroo is missing the eggs/bee pollen / honey, they must be added.
Gravy powder already has those ingredients. So you are just adding extra honey/ eggs etc. I think they must be liking the extra honey.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
01:57:56 PM
I don't intend to buy any more PP stuff. I just want to use up what I have. I think I have to add some of the Glider-min powder to the gravy to equal the potency of the Wombaroo. Now, what I'm I gonna do with all the pellets? They stopped eating them. That's why I made the batch of HPW. Would have been nice if they kept eating the pellets. If/when we have babies, I would have liked to re-home them with pellets, instead of a complicated recipe.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
02:06:45 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
the glider gravy is a poor substitute for the wombarrow supplement. and like BYK said, it includes powder eggs and honey so adding them like the recipe calls for, would be doubling the amount they need. I know it's a shame to waste food, but it's better to get them on a better diet that has you follow the recipe exactly.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
03:17:50 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
Feed the pellets to the squirrels. PP pellets must taste ok, but birds and squirrels won't eat EN pellets.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
04:22:17 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
All of the Critter Love diets have been found to be good diets, providing needed nutrition as per each being followed from making a batch to serving.

OWHP is now named Critter Love Original, it was the first diet Peggy created through research. She later went on to create an American high protein supplement to replace the Wombaroo brand and continued to making other varieties, such as the Complete which is just adding water. PP sells Glider Gravy which is the same thing as CLC repackaged and relabled for PP use.

Please do not add or change any of the recipes for these good, sound diets. Use them according to their individual instructions and do not mix them together as you will change all the nutritional values that were per-calculated. Especially avoid adding the Glider-mins to any of the recipes.

I also strongly recommend not to rehome any gliders on pellets as a staple diet, they are okay for a side, but are not nutritiously sound for a diet. You need to pass along proper diet information when rehoming or selling gliders.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
07:30:52 PM
quote:

If/when we have babies, I would have liked to re-home them with pellets, instead of a complicated recipe.

the critterlove or Ohpw with wombaroo is slightly more involved, but I don't think its complicated at all. I just follow video and put together Raw honey, wombaroo, eggs, bee pollen. Takes me about 30 minutes or less and I have enough in freezer for 2 gliders for quite awhile. I feed 8 gliders so I use a bit more.
The wife and I have fun picking out the salads from critter love at store, then cutting them up and freezing. these would again last awhile, but unfortunately for me I have 8. So I just cut up 8 apple and 8 pears etc to make a bigger batch that will last longer.

In the end, slightly more work then pellets, but knowing I'm giving the gliders a healthy diet its well worth the additional work.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
08:10:22 PM
So, where's the best place to get wombaroo powder?

I don's see any at all on Amazon, except for premixed HPW.

I use eBay a lot, and the only wombaroo powder found there is from a brand new seller, click here
It appears to be authentic. Is $28 (inc shipping) for 250g a good price?

Edited by - gr8rcfan on Jul 06 2016 08:24:09 PM
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
08:39:51 PM
OK. Googled wombaroo and hit several stores with lower prices and a handy Paypal checkout connection. Then I ran into suncoast who complains about the soy content, and then "SugarGliderStore" who sells ZooPro, I presume as a direct substitute for Wombaroo.

Argh.....The choices are much more confusing than the recipes.

Thoughts?
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2016
10:30:01 PM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
just don't think about it too much. I know it's a bit pricey but you need to follow the recipe exactly and use the exact ingredients it calls for.

I get all my wombarrow supplements from thepamperedglider.com
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
06:38:23 AM
The health and happiness of our gliders is well worth putting some thought into the subject. But viewing sources for our furry friends is worse than watching TV commercials about buying a truck. Companies have no problem telling you Don't buy "This" and Don't buy "That", using their competitors name or product name.

So what's the truth about using or not using Soy Protein?

Or using a product with all the right ingredients that doesn't come from Australia
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
08:50:06 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I get my Wombaroo from The Pampered Glider.
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
11:09:58 AM
I searched several website for wombaroo. some prices were very close and some places it was priced higher. I found PAMPERED GLIDER to have the BESTEST in all the world price. 250g box will last 2 gliders awhile. I have 8 and got the 1kg box thinking this will last me ALL YEAR at $52.
$18 for the 250 box is the lowerest cost I could find. Delivery was fast.

My understanding is in australia wombaroo is the GO TO meal for sugar gliders in captivity.
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
11:16:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

I searched several website for wombaroo. some prices were very close and some places it was priced higher. I found PAMPERED GLIDER to have the BESTEST in all the world price. 250g box will last 2 gliders awhile. I have 8 and got the 1kg box thinking this will last me ALL YEAR at $52.
$18 for the 250 box is the lowerest cost I could find. Delivery was fast.

My understanding is in australia wombaroo is the GO TO meal for sugar gliders in captivity.

Yea. Me too. But why do some sites complain that protein should be animal based, rather than soy based? And why shouldn't someone in the states accurately copy the powder and offer it at a lower price?
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
01:01:20 PM
Turns out the recipe for making HPW with ZooPro (in place of Wombaroo) calls for the addition of vitamin and calcium supplements.

Does this mean that Wombaroo contains all the vitamins and calcium the gliders need? One site rated the Ca/Ph ratio at 1.29 to 1. Is that enough?

Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
01:39:54 PM
I see Pampered Glider clearly states the Wombaroo contains the necessary vitamins/minerals. But they and other sites say to double the Wombaroo for nursing mothers to increase protein. I gather "double" the vitamins/minerals doesn't hurt.
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
01:43:26 PM
quote:

Turns out the recipe for making HPW with ZooPro (in place of Wombaroo) calls for the addition of vitamin and calcium supplements.

Does this mean that Wombaroo contains all the vitamins and calcium the gliders need? One site rated the Ca/Ph ratio at 1.29 to 1. Is that enough?

My understanding is wombaroo mixed into the Ohpw staple has ALL the vitamins and calcium they need with added veggie and fruit mix. The sprinkle method of adding vitamins is terrible. did you put on enough? did you sprinkle on to much? the dosage is to variable.
Food, Diet
Jul 07 2016
01:49:08 PM

[/quote]

Yea. Me too. But why do some sites complain that protein should be animal based, rather than soy based? And why shouldn't someone in the states accurately copy the powder and offer it at a lower price?
[/quote]

I have been on several sites, I have seen no complaints about Wombaroo or critterlove plus, just CL complete having powdered eggs and some additives to honey. My understanding is critter love PLUS is a copy of wombaroo, but it is offered at a higher price, A. made in USA B. no supply problems, (I heard sometimes wombaroo is harder to get).
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2016
01:12:36 PM
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

[/quote]

I have been on several sites, I have seen no complaints about Wombaroo or critterlove plus, just CL complete having powdered eggs and some additives to honey. My understanding is critter love PLUS is a copy of wombaroo, but it is offered at a higher price, A. made in USA B. no supply problems, (I heard sometimes wombaroo is harder to get).
[/quote]

Though I cannot again find anyone naming Wombaroo, we know it contains soy protein and Suncoast make a big deal out of that. Then Exotic Nutrition makes an example out of Pretty Pet, Glider-R-Chow, Happy Glider, Vets Pride (Nutrimax) & Wholesome Balance and their methods of making pellets. And some companies post specific statements on how they do not sell or recommend products from certain other companies. But I do appreciate your inputs, and have ordered Wombaroo from Pampered Glider. I just wish I could stay awake late enough to see who's eating what, since neither of my gliders wake up hungry. The just look at what's for dinner and commence to play
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2016
05:43:46 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I usually read all the prior posts, but I'm about to take a nap so I just skimmed.

The best person to talk to about Critter Love products is Peggy herself, she is the creator of that line of hpw. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1333817253&fref=ts
This is her facebook profile ^ she is happy to answer questions and give advice and has always been very nice when I've spoken to her. I don't feed her diets, but if my mentee's feed it and have questions I send them right to her.
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2016
08:34:13 PM
My babies have grown to refuse Glider-Gravy (Critterlove Complete). So I am looking elsewhere. Interestingly, the disclaimer at the bottom of their page seems to be indicative of the atmosphere of the Sugar Glider Nutrition industry.
Protein Powders

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Protein Powders