Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cute story
Cute story
Funny
Jul 22 2016
07:23:04 AM
so last night my girls and I were having a great bonding day, I wore them under my cami all day from 10 am-11pm and they would wake up periodically to groom me and each other and re-adjust/stretch. then that night, I made them a "junk food night" consisting of plain scrambled eggs with cheese topped with bits of mango and carrots. I do this about once or twice a month because they love it and their staple nectar lasts about a month so I make this to buy me some more time when it runs out.

anyway, after I was done making it, I took them into my bathroom for a bonding session. I brought their custom choice cruiser and their "junk food" dinner. I sat on my iPad for most of the time but when it came close to 11:30, I left my iPad on for the light and watched them hop around and jump on their wheel. my younger glider Kona, was working the wheel really well keeping her busy while kiwi jumped onto hanging towels and glided to me for most of the night.

when it was time for them to go back in their cage, I turned on the light and they both stopped what they were doing and dove into my shirt. I put them into their cage and went to bed. the next morning I took out their almost finished egg and opened up their pouch to check on them and I found two monkeys (like small barrel of monkeys) from my reset toy, and a ring (also from my reset toy)!! that means I have a tail carrier!!! I've seen Kona drag rings and plastic things around before but she has always dropped them and forgotten about them, I guess I will have to start leaving more things for her to carry!!

does anyone else have tail carriers? what are their favorite things to hoard in their pouch?
Funny
Jul 22 2016
07:42:13 AM
NyxandBenny Glider Visit NyxandBenny's Photo Album AB, CA 166 Posts
Lol I need a cruiser wheel it's just insane pricey with shipping into canada right now. I had to switch them from ohpw to bml because it was over 100 for a month supply (2 gliders)
Funny
Jul 22 2016
08:39:57 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
oh wow that is crazy expensive, they need like a huge suggie supply store in Canada, lol. I don't even think they have one in the US actually.
Funny
Jul 22 2016
08:54:55 AM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
As far as I know, I don't have a tail carrier, but I have found many plastic rings in their pouches. You know, the ring that you peel off the plastic milk jug? They love those things!
Funny
Jul 22 2016
09:23:10 AM
kiwi3435 Face Hugger Visit kiwi3435's Photo Album kiwi3435's Journal FL, USA 687 Posts
huh, I'll have to start saving them!
Funny
Jul 22 2016
09:59:32 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
if you use milk jug rins, cut them so they can't get stuck in them just one snip is enough, it still keeps it's ring shape but can't get stuck in them

I've got a couple tail carriers, pully toys are a favorite here Danzig has at least one of them in his pouch every morning.
Funny
Jul 22 2016
10:05:21 AM
I have two pully toys near their pouch so if they wanted to they could easily tuck them in there, but they haven't yet. I'm thinking about making a toy basket with miscellaneous plastic toys since Kona is also a bit of a chewer;)
Funny
Jul 22 2016
02:21:20 PM
jdching Face Hugger 807 Posts
I don't use the whole plastic ring from the milk jug, just the pull tab part.
It is not an 'O', but a 'C'.
Funny
Jul 22 2016
02:51:30 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
I have 3 tail carriers (and 1 wannabe, but he's not really good at it, though he spend an awful amount of time observing how the others do...)

Unfortunately for me, the things they like to carry are not the ones I would like... think usb cords (or any cords for that matter), measuring spoons, my brand new eucalyptus regnans that they cut down to bits right back at the base...
Funny
Jul 22 2016
08:04:01 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
One of mine, I think one of the girls may be a tail carrier, or at least has brought bracelets to the pouch, but only on a few occasions. And, only a certain type of bracelet, very light-weight, thin bracelets that I ordered from someone who doesn't vend anymore and cannot find them anywhere now.

Oh, btw, it was a cute story, thanks for sharing.

Edited by - TJones09 on Jul 22 2016 08:04:38 PM
Cute story

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cute story