Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Breeder
Breeder
Information
Mar 15 2017
11:17:13 AM
My daughter and I are both very interested in owning two gliders. Anyone know of reputable breeders in the Connecticut area? I know not to go through pocket pets and pet stores but I want to make sure we go the right route! Thanks in advance!
Information
Mar 20 2017
02:01:05 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
After doing a google search for gliders in Connecticut, I didn't find much in the way of breeders but did find some rescues. There are reputable breeders in places like Virginia, Florida, and Texas who will ship their gliders to you. I'm not a big fan of shipping, but they've been doing it for years without any problem. My first glider came from Pocket Pets and I understand your concern. While I do have "issues" with them, I ended up with the most precious little baby imaginable. Best thing you can do is do your research and ask questions. Good luck!
Information
Mar 20 2017
08:27:54 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Michelle Cutler is a breeder in Boston 2 hours or so from Connecticut https://www.facebook.com/michelle.cutler.5496

I haven't had coffee yet but she's the first one that comes to mind up north near you. I will give it some more thought and ask around a little to see about other Reputable breeders.

https://www.facebook.com/louiseferrari Louise is in New Hampshire I don't her personally but she was highly recommended and very active in her local glider community, if nothing else she may know a good breeder closer to you

Edited by - Leela on Mar 20 2017 08:40:51 AM
Information
Mar 21 2017
06:22:07 AM
sh00ter Joey Visit sh00ter's Photo Album 32 Posts
not sure how far into CT you are but the lady I got my guys from is on LI about 50 min from the Tappan Zee bridge.
Very nice lady and im guessing handles her critters every day judging from how mine acted since the moment I got to her door.
If you are going to neuter she will even have it done prior to picking them up so us newbies don't have to deal with a wound.
if interested ill send you her info
Information
Mar 21 2017
07:41:59 AM
ixel3c Starting Member 2 Posts
Thank you everyone for your help.
I am also interested in rescues but I couldn't really find those in my area either.

I will check out the referrals you gave below and shOOter I would love her information in LI as well.
Information
Mar 21 2017
09:16:57 AM
sh00ter Joey Visit sh00ter's Photo Album 32 Posts
sent pm with info
Breeder

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Breeder