Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Gliders bite fiance, but not me
Behavior
Mar 15 2017
09:45:19 PM
Hey all! I've had my sugar gliders for about 3 months now and things are amazing! It was hard at first, but things are going pretty well.

My question is a behavioral one. My fiancé and I probably bond equally with our babies (1 neutered boy and 1 girl). They will sleep outside of the bonding pouch on me and in my hands and at times, lick my hand like they are grooming me.

They do the same with my fiancé although they bite him constantly as they groom him. They bite him hard. He will make a PSST sound at them and then they'll stop for a minute and resume.

I'm not sure why they always do this to him and not me? He doesn't put on any fruity soap or lotion.

Thank you!
Behavior
Mar 16 2017
12:29:00 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
We have some gliders that just groom hard.
Maybe he has some other scent, animal, food.
Maybe they even feel he NEEDs the grooming.
I have some newer gliders we picked up from another owner, they are getting used to us some and the male starts to lick my hairs on arm, then starts to pull them like super hard. really hurts.

I would give them some more time, some of ours would put our hairs hard or nibble our skin between their teeth pretty hard but stopped over time.
Behavior
Mar 17 2017
09:42:25 PM
Bubbies Joey 11 Posts
Thank you for the reply!! That's what I was thinking!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders