Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Heartbroken
Heartbroken
Health related
May 06 2017
02:55:12 AM
I was having problems with my water bottle leaking and bought one advertised as leak proof. It comes with a stand to place the bottle in. They used it for around a month. A few days ago I came home and found Rita stuck in the stand. Her nose was blue and she died the next day. Im so heart broken. My other glider doesnt seem bothered at all. They fought over food and attention. Im bot sure how quickly I should get another one. They breeder I like only has white gliders for a huge amount of money. Should I wait a little while?
Health related
May 06 2017
09:21:09 AM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Laura_mcelroy

I was having problems with my water bottle leaking and bought one advertised as leak proof. It comes with a stand to place the bottle in. They used it for around a month. A few days ago I came home and found Rita stuck in the stand. Her nose was blue and she died the next day. Im so heart broken. My other glider doesnt seem bothered at all. They fought over food and attention. Im bot sure how quickly I should get another one. They breeder I like only has white gliders for a huge amount of money. Should I wait a little while?

I'm sorry for your loss. :-( What kind of water bottle was it? It there a pic of it on Amazon so others can see to which one to avoid?
Health related
May 06 2017
10:19:07 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. Yes please include the link or at least the specific water bottle for others to learn to avoid.

As for getting another glider, you could probably wait a bit and monitor your glider and see if he/she is showing signs of being lonely. In the meantime try to give as much attention as possible. If you notice your lone glider missing a cage mate, try looking into rescues or rehomes.

I will recommend using a water silo instead of water bottle. I prefer these in size small
They never fail, they are safe and are super easy to monitor, remove, clean, fill & replace. There are cheaper silos that may work just as well, I haven't used any others as of yet. If you have a cage that has horizontal bars rather than vertical, then you will have to try one of the cheaper ones.

Health related
May 06 2017
01:02:01 PM
Laura_mcelroy Starting Member 5 Posts
I cant figure out how to upload a photo.
Health related
May 06 2017
01:07:03 PM
Health related
May 06 2017
03:53:00 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts

Like these?

Health related
May 06 2017
04:06:33 PM
Exactly Leela
Health related
May 06 2017
08:21:53 PM
Thank you everyone
Heartbroken