Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
I have a serious question about my babies and bonding
Question
Aug 13 2018
11:36:28 PM
We went to the store and I got a sugar glider and my Mom got a sugar glide we want to keep it in the same Cage, but I don't want to Bond to both sugar gliders, I just want to bond with mine and my Mom bonds with hers, but how do I do that without bonding with the other one
Question
Aug 14 2018
09:08:22 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Honestly, it would be better if you and your mom bond with both of them, at least in the beginning.

Gliders can bond to more than one person at a time. In the beginning the gliders are going to comfort each other and separating them ( even separating them for an hour for bonding time ) will only cause them more stress and make it harder on you and them.

It would be wise for both you and your mom to be able to handle both gliders. There may come a time where you or your mom can't do their part for their specific glider and the other has to fill in and do it.

Say you go away for the weekend, and your glider gets out of the cage while your gone, your mom needs to be able to handle that glider and get it back in the cage.

Vice versa, say your mom is at work and her glider gets a nail caught on the pouch, you need to be able to handle that glider to help it.

Once the gliders get comfortable with their new environment, and both you and your mom then you can focus on bonding with yours one on one and your mom with hers one on one. But until then, I would strongly suggest you and your mom bond with both of them.

Edited by - Leela on Aug 14 2018 09:09:32 AM
Question
Aug 14 2018
01:36:28 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I agree with Leela.

I would put it this way. think of getting two dogs that don't know people well at all. you and your mom are going to want to give BOTH dogs love and attention so they will learn to love and trust you.

Our bonded/tame/friendly gliders like most humans. sophie/gus will run and play on anyone. gizmo likes me and my wife. he does do this wierd grab/attack thing to our 13 year old's finger. but if he is in the playroom with the gliders, they climb on him just like me.

you will have to realize there maybe time later on that if your mom takes out the gliders they may both want to climb in her shirt together and you will be left out, but other times you may get them both.

So I would work on getting them tame and friendly with both of you with both gliders.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Aug 14 2018 01:37:34 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 14 2018
03:52:31 PM
Pichacat Starting Member 0 Posts
Thank you so much this helps a lot...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat