Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
My beloved sugar glider missing
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 26 2018
11:29:23 AM
I have a female sugar glider name jolly. Its been 6 month that i have her and shes so close to me. I rarely put her in her cage and just let her roam free in my room. She always jumps to me when i enter the room and she loves to snuggle with me. She grooms beside me she sleeps beside me literally we did everything together. She was missing since yesterday. I dont know why but that night it feels like i cant feel her presence in the room. But i disnt think a lot about it because she was awake in the evening so I thought she just slept somewhere. I was so tired that night so i slept. When i woke up in the morning i know something was not right. I cant sense her and there was not even a sound of her.i begin to panic. I cried cried and cried this morning while searching for her. But she was no where to be found. I live in an apart so other animal canot be the cause of her missing. Im just so afraid and worry. I cant imagine not seeing her anymore... going home going to my room without her waiting for me and jumping and climbing to me. I love her so much and this making me go crazy. I dont know what to do i feel so lost. I put her cage outside my room and put food and my used clothes in it. Incase she went out of my room.... i just really want my baby back. If someone have an opinion of what should i do please tell me. Your help and opinion will really help me :,(
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 28 2018
12:36:59 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Was any food eaten?
Did you check the cage of your male joey?
They can hide pretty well, I once searched one of mine during hours before finding her hidden inside a TShirt (that I had already searched several times) in the middle of my clothes...

In the meantime, what you can do is leave food and sleeping pouches in every rooms where you think she might have gone, keep the lights low, keep every body of water (WC...) closed and any possible open pipes too (AC, ventilation, bathtube evacuation...) and keep the appartment closed...

Be aware that gliders can pass under most doors, and if they can find a crack in the walls (or in the furnitures), they will go and explore, wWhich is why you should stop letting them roam free in your room until the room is fully glider proofed, that means you need to you find out where they do disappear because 2 gliders getting out in a row is no accident, there is an issue somewhere... Either they can pass under your door, either someone else opens your door, either there is a small hole in the walls by which they pass, but either way, they obviously get out.

Edited by - sjusovare on Aug 28 2018 01:00:13 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 28 2018
01:02:10 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
you can try playing glider sounds on your computer at night to see if she replies....

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories