Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New adoptee
New adoptee
Rescue
Nov 17 2018
11:01:07 AM
Judah has been off his feed since Anson died. Although he still gets up and uses the wheel, he is reluctant to leave his pouch even for yogies treats. There was another orphaned glider available for adoption upstate from me so I contacted the owners. They rightfully wanted some pictures/video of my cage and setup so they knew their little Nala would be going into a real home so I sent them some then made arrangements to go pick her up on Monday since I had the day off.

I set up Nalas cage downstairs in the family room for quarantine purposes but will move her upstairs to the living room next to the main cage after quarantine (just before Christmas). Today, we went to the vet to start a record and get a wellness check. Everything is A-OK and they said shes the friendliest glider theyve ever seen not a peep from her other than wanting to explore the examination room and having the greatest time gliding from person to person.

I will probably try to get some additional gliders her age to add to the newly growing colony so shes not in the same position Judah is (theres a 6 year age difference between them) in a few years or so but am going to take it slow and easy on that. Task 1 is to first them these two used to each other and integrated over the coming months.

I knew Nala was well-behaved but she was just amazing at the vets. All props to her former skin parents (@Jayburg).
New adoptee

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New adoptee