Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Afternoon snacks?
Afternoon snacks?
Food, Diet
Dec 21 2018
07:42:37 PM
The past couple of days my glider has been waking up around noon (sometimes around 10 and then again at 12) to forage for treats, and sometimes she will even try to eat the old food droppings at the bottom of the cage. She's never done this before and the only thing that's different in her routine is that she's on antibiotics for an infection. I don't keep dry food in her cage, and now I'm wondering if I should. Does anyone have any recommendations?
Food, Diet
Dec 21 2018
11:23:44 PM
Paani Glider Visit Paani's Photo Album Paani's Journal 91 Posts
I always leave dry food in my cage just in case but I certainly understand if you don't want to do that. However, if you AREN'T going to leave dry food, be sure to leave some kind of forage in the cage. Gliders aren't machines anymore than we are -- give them something to do when they're awake (or something to eat when they're hungry) no matter what time it is.
Food, Diet
Dec 22 2018
03:23:50 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by SGlider101

The past couple of days my glider has been waking up around noon (sometimes around 10 and then again at 12) to forage for treats, and sometimes she will even try to eat the old food droppings at the bottom of the cage. She's never done this before and the only thing that's different in her routine is that she's on antibiotics for an infection. I don't keep dry food in her cage, and now I'm wondering if I should. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I would go to pro-pet or pet-pro websites, lots of animal foods, they have
happy glider cereal that is sold on critterlove.com or buy pocket pets, it is
a good dry glider food, healthy and good for cleaning teeth.
KEEP UNUSED PORTION IN FREEZER. so it doesnt go bad. I put in small amount
in cage and replace every 3 days or so
Afternoon snacks?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Afternoon snacks?