GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage opinions?
Cage opinions?
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 05 2019
07:20:32 PM
Hello!

I am the new owner of a beautiful 1 year old sugar glider named Sandy! I have had her for four days and things are going great! She seems already to be bonding pretty good, she's currently sleeping in my pocket. Her old owners were feeding her pellets and a slice of apple a day and I have read a lot about diet and decided to change to critter love. She has never lived with another sugar glider, however I plan on getting her a friend in a couple months. I want to wait until she is more bonded. However, she needs a bigger cage. Her current one is from pocket pals and is way too small. Are there any great amazon cages anyone would suggest? Also any tips for a newbie would be great!!! I already have a vet visit lined up and I have been doing tent time every day and she loves it!
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 05 2019
08:14:54 PM
SillySuggies Joey Visit SillySuggies's Photo Album 43 Posts
I use a bird cage with a slide out tray. Called a&e and it seems to be doing them fine. Just check bar spacing and size. Good luck #128513;
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 05 2019
09:14:05 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
Good cages. brisbane (smallest) madagascar (bigger) and congo BIGGEST
these are very good glider cages. I have one brisbane.

My personal favorite is sold as either Midwest double critter nation or
petsmart all things living.
why my favorite.
Huge doors for total access for cleaning, feeding, adjusting inside stuff, and getting to your gliders.
Bars are horizontal so they act like a ladder system and is easier to climb for
the gliders, and easier to install water bottles for me. but the gliders dont seem to have trouble on the brisbane vertical bars.
easy to combine and make an even bigger cage.

I have 2 double nation for 2 gliders connected together, and 3 cages together for the 6 glider colony.

this is nice so they have lots of room on my work days, I work 4 days 12 hours and don't have glider time during these days. I do now have a glider room and the cage stays open most nights, so they have access to a 10 foot by 10 foot glider safe
room

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Mar 05 2019 09:16:46 PM
Cage opinions?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Cage opinions?