Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Exercise Wheel
Exercise Wheel
Question
Jun 05 2019
02:19:47 PM
Hey guys!! I am a little frantic right now about an exercise wheel for my two baby girls, I really wanted one of the stealth wheels from Atticworx because of the X Mount as my cage bars are a little on the flimsy side and I thought the distributed weight would be better for them. HOWEVER, they are currently closed for health issues... I thought about getting a raptor or a Fast-Track wheel but neither have the x mount (from what I have seen anyway) and I get my girls in about a month and have no wheel for them... I really don't love the idea of buying one I don't want because they are SO expensive and since I am in Canada shipping is outrageous on them making the wheels cost close to $130 for me. Are there any other wheel companies you could recommend with an XMount... I dont want to give my girls a wheel that is sub par but honestly cant afford to fork out the cost for 2 wheels at $130 a piece right now with all the other start up costs as well as the cost of my girls. and I would hate to get a wheel that will bend the bars and allow them to escape...
Help.... haha

Thanks,
Dawn
Question
Jun 05 2019
09:29:18 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Atticworx wheels are the only ones with the x mount.

They have a couple freedom wheels on amazon (made by atticworx ) with the x mount for about $56.00 US.

https://www.amazon.com/Atticworx-Glider-12-inch-Freedom-Purple/dp/B07QBF1F4R

Some folks love the freedom wheel because you can submerge the whole thing and clean it easily without seizing up a bearing. Others have had issues with the wheels cracking and Im not sure if they resolved that issue yet or not... There is a review that says it has been addressed and the amazon listing is the reinforced design. Its the only "safe wheel "i dont personally have.

Or the other option is a floor mount for other safe wheels like raptor, not sure if fast track has a floor mount or not, I dont remember.

If you go with a floor mount I would suggest a custom cruiser wheel. Its one of the best quality made wheels that last and automatically comes with a floor stand.

You would need to secure the floor stand to the bottom of the cage with a zipties, and make sure there is plenty of room behind the wheel and on the sides. The wheel is 6 inches off the floor for saftey reasons, other floor stands are lower to the floor.

Or you can join some facebook glider groups n see if anyone is selling stealths, sometimes vendors will buy a bunch of wheels and sell them even though they arent the maker

On a side note.. I do feel safe wheels are important... however, gliders will survive and be just fine without one for awhile if you dont have one by the time they come. There are plenty of other ways to keep them stimulated until you get a wheel ;)

I understand you want whats best for them and to give them what they need but keep in mind gliders are very adaptable and will be so busy getting adjusted they wont even notice if theres a wheel at first.

Edited by - Leela on Jun 05 2019 09:48:03 PM
Question
Jun 05 2019
09:57:41 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I have the exact cage in your picture and use wall mounts on it just fine, in fact I have a custom cruiser wheel on a wall mount. Its the heaviest wheel I have because of the coated stainless steel track and there are no problems with the bars
Question
Jun 06 2019
12:22:07 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I have some x mount and some floor mount. I use tie wraps on all the
wheels to make sure they don't fall over. the floor mount I tie to the
bottom of cage and side of cage.
Exercise Wheel

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Exercise Wheel