Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
2 new male gliders and introductions
Question
Aug 31 2019
01:25:43 PM
Iv introduced two un neutered males 2 days ago, I split the cage and after an hour the boys were already talking and getting along through the separations.

From reading threads it seems to take a long time but we introduced ours after only a couple hours and it went really well. They sleep together and it's their 2nd night together. We hear the odd crabbing, some hissing and barking but nothing that sounds aggressive from what I understand from other threads. I have noticed our older boy climbs over the younger one on purpose in the pouch and when they are climbing around the cage and grooms him and his genitals, is this normal and is it a sign of dominance?

We are looking at getting them both neutered but would love to leave them intact if this is normal. Could anyone give more info of what to look out for and what noises we should be aware of as we currently have them in our room incase things go sour but not sure what to listen for at night.
Question
Aug 31 2019
07:36:20 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
sounds like you will be fine, if they are not fighting now.
gliders are territorial, soooo... they can protect their area from
intruders if they feel it necessary. but if your glider is all alone,
he may welcome a new glider much more easily.

I have a colony of 6 gliders, we tried to add 2 more, but our male alpha gus
would have NONE of it. he would start a fight right away, he was not letting
another colony alpha in his colony. And this was after weeks of scent training.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders