Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
What age do gliders stop mating?
Research Information
Dec 17 2019
10:30:00 PM
What age do gliders stop mating ? I recently rescued a pair of gliders I was told there ages are between 6-8 .the male is not nutured and I was wondering if the are still going to mate and what age do they stop mating?
Research Information
Dec 18 2019
08:57:10 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
from the information I have read, its really hard to say. some will stop
breading as young as 5, and one person said they have an 11 year old female still
breeding.
It sounds like its more dependent on the glider.
Research Information
Dec 18 2019
09:41:14 PM
Cosmetology143@gmail.com Starting Member 8 Posts
The previous owner said it's been 3-4 years since there last Joey's but I did kind of resuce them.these are my first gliders I just purchased them off craigslist.and the owners didn't give me the best info kind of just ball parked saying there between 6-8, they have had Joey's before but it's been 3-4 years since there last ones.they said they where there the gliders where there pets and babies, but they came from filth , I had to throw everything thing they came with away becuase it was all covered in rust and there own filth .the wheel was filled with poop and you could smell the cage a meeting let away.there pouch was discolored because how dirty it was.I bought a new one set and cage.I switched there diet to also to HPW ,there diet was basically ensure and some fruit s and veggies.they also said they are friendly but the female is terrified the male will only take treats I can barely pet him . The female always hides ,even if I bribe her with treats she won't come near me yet ,it's only been two weeks.so I'm not expecting much and just letting them settle but if you have any tips on bonding with older gliders and how to make them most comfortable . I would appreciate it.i bought a bonding pouch but I don't know if there ready.i think I got lied two and these gliders have been neglected for awhile.so I know they need work but like I said these are also my very first gliders so I only know the basics.
Research Information
Dec 18 2019
09:54:41 PM
Cosmetology143@gmail.com Starting Member 8 Posts
The previous owner said it's been 3-4 years since there last Joey's but I did kind of resuce them.these are my first gliders I just purchased them off craigslist.and the owners didn't give me the best info kind of just ball parked saying there between 6-8 years old , they have had Joey's before but it's been 3-4 years since there last ones.They came from in my opinion bad conditions , I had to throw everything thing they came with away becuase it was all covered in rust and there own filth .the wheel was filled with there own flith and you could smell the cage a mile away.there pouch was discolored because how dirty it was.I bought a new one set and cage.I switched there diet to also to HPW ,there diet was basically ensure and some fruit s and veggies.So I don't know if they stopped becuase of conditions or age I geuss is what I'm wondering? I'm also needing advise because they also said they are friendly but the female is terrified the male will only take treats I can barely pet him . The female always hides ,even if I bribe her with treats she won't come near me yet ,it's only been two weeks.so I'm not expecting much and just letting them settle in becuase I know I just did I big change , but if you have any tips on bonding with older gliders and how to make them most comfortable . I would appreciate it. I bought a bonding pouch but I don't know if there ready.i let them lick honey from my hand but only the male will. And I have yogurt drops he also likes but the female just crabs , at the littlest things . I think I got gliders have been neglected for awhile.So I know they need time but like I said these are also my very first gliders so I only know the basics.any tips on bringing the female around?
Research Information
Jun 03 2020
03:44:35 PM
minigliders Starting Member 2 Posts
I have been breeding gliders for many years. I do not cull, I keep my old gliders till they pass. When I have a female and male that have lost their cage mates I will introduce them so they are not alone. Grouchy was about 16 when I paired him with a 10 year old female. To my disbelief they made me a beautiful white face female baby which I kept! Then they made me a pretty baby boy and are breeding again. Grouchy is 19 years old, possibly one of the olders gliders in the world! It's a miracle he's still alive much less making babies. His dad and aunt lived to be 16, must be genetic.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion