Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pregnant Glider
Pregnant Glider
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 07 2020
01:42:03 AM
So I just saw today that my female is pregnant. She was looking a little chubby the past few days but today, I saw a little one moving around in the pouch hole. I am new to Gliders (she has been with me since only February). I also have a male (not fixed evidently).

Is there anything I need to know? I have no idea how longish has been pregnant. I am feeding them Exotic Nutrition "Glider Complete" and also feed blueberries or apple slices or the Exotic Nutrition "Bugs and Berries" or their HWP (along with the "Glider Complete" - so they always get the "Glider Complete" and I change up the other daily.

I would be sad if she eats the new joey so any advice?

Also I have a Critter Nation Cage. Is that going to be okay? I have no idea how big the little one will be - can it get out of the cage?

Please help - any advice would be great. I took a video of what I saw but cannot figure out how to add it to my post but if someone sends me a message - I can share you the video and maybe someone has an idea how far along she is..

I am nervous.

Edited by - Jackgsd on Jul 07 2020 01:50:23 AM
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 11 2020
03:09:56 PM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
As I wrote in the critternationtread about the baby glider getting out;

Is it possible to block the sides with some fabric? Maybe a fleece on one or two sides and something seathrough on the other(s)? Do not know what though..
But not sure, just what I would try! I do not know what is the best way to fasten this, but I have seen pictures where a wall in the cage is covered by fleece and felt inspired.

I'm sorry to admit I am not experienced with the matter, living in Norway has the consequence of gliders being... ILLEGAL!!!

I wish you plenty tons of luck, hope everything goes awesome!!!!!

Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jul 12 2020
03:15:15 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
pregnant females need more nutrients. I would switch to critterlove.com the plus or complete version. exotic nutrition has had quality issue. I feed OHPW which is old version of critterlove. and OHPW requests double the wombaroo powder for a pregnant female.
also you should look at the salad mixes on critterlove and try to make one of them up, much healthier then a blueberry and apple, that is way to limited.

I give apple, pear, papaya, peas, green beans, corn, carrot, butternut squash, 3 berry mix and OHPW, and kale or collard green.
Pregnant Glider

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Pregnant Glider