Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
diet hpw and calcium help
Food, Diet
Jul 03 2021
10:52:17 PM
for ohpw diet does anyone know the nutrition facts as far as how much calcium is in it? from the bee pollen, honey, hpw powder? and is it enough calcium in their diet or do you need to sprinkle some sort of calcium powder on food (fruits and veggies) sometimes? if so what kind of calcium and how much how often? Aware that corn and peas maybe not too much to interfere with a calcium to phosphorus ratio. but want to make sure they are getting enough calcium?
also which diet do you think is better the ohpw or bml?
Food, Diet
Jul 04 2021
11:09:19 AM
Cherry Starting Member 7 Posts
Also have zoomed's repti calcium with D3
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2021
02:32:49 PM
gliderloverforever Glider Visit gliderloverforever's Photo Album USA 141 Posts
I'm not sure what the nutritional facts of calcium for OHPW are, but you don't need to add any calcium to the recipe. I believe that the HPW powder has all of the vitamins and stuff that the gliders need.
I used to feed TPG, but switched to OHPW. My gliders like it so much better and I feel like it does a better job of balancing the amount of calcium/vitamines that they actually get.
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2021
02:36:38 PM
oh thank you for your opinion! That helps alot! Someone told me I need to sprinkle calcium on their fruits and veggies in addition to this diet . . .but I want to be sure that they are getting all the calcium they need to if I don't? I feel like I could overdose them on calcium or not be getting enough, I don't know. and if anyone knows of anymore things I should know about balancing Calcium to phosphorus ratio on this diet please let me know. I was told to limit corn and peas . . .any other things that too much can throw the balance anyone knows, let me know :)
Food, Diet
Jul 06 2021
02:38:28 PM
and if anyone on this diet OHPW could list veggies and fruits they feed or link to list that's good with it?
I do not understand this table www.sugarglider.com/nutrition/viewrecipe.asp?item=711 at all confusing. Just simple lists/info please if you can

Edited by - Cherry on Jul 06 2021 02:41:51 PM
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2021
10:24:54 AM
Sure.
Most people who feed OHPW feed the CritterLove salads along with it. That's basically a list of fruits and vegetables. They're portioned out so that the calcium/phosphorus ratios are worked out. Error, missing URL. s
Food, Diet
Jul 08 2021
10:25:56 AM
Here's the link (www.critterlove.com/salad-mixtures)

Edited by - gliderloverforever on Jul 08 2021 10:26:17 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders