GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Which room is better for my gliders?
Question
May 03 2022
06:44:05 AM
Hi All,

I have recently got 2 sugar gliders and have had them for a week now (Gizmo/F) & (JoJo/M)
bonding has been a little slow so far, Gizmo is way braver than JoJo - but It seems like JoJo is maybe a few months younger.
Currently they are in my living room, I don't often go in there other than to pass through to the kitchen or now see them when they are up - so its quite peaceful in there overall apart from me walking through every now and then.

I was thinking of maybe moving them into my office/gaming room as I mostly spend my time in this room for both work and my personal time (apart from sleeping) -
Part of me is worried if it will be too loud for them in here with me talking on calls all day for work and having a laugh and joke while gaming too at night - But then part of me thinks this might be better for them to hear me all the time and see me when they get up.

I have made my office "glider friendly", moved objects, put cover across one of the walls that they could climb and they can run around the desk, floors, shelf and generally just be free in this room - But i cant really let them in the living room roaming about because they could get into the kitchen worst case or go under one of the sofas and burrow in the bottom of it maybe, chew wires when I cant see them, ETC - so in order to play with them, they need to come into my office which either involves wheeling the cage or putting them in a pouch to move.

In an ideal world i could just have them in my office which I'm in all the time and have them roam free by propping open the door when I'm in here if they want.

So is this a good idea? or will my constant talking, keyboard clicking, PC Fans and PC screen light at night cause them un-needed stress?
My logic is that they will wake up to me, sleep around me and get access to a whole room at night (or day if they want)

Note:this is a home office, just me in the flat - other voices will be ones on calls coming out of laptop/phone.

Thank you everyone in advance, if you need any more info please let me know :D
Question
May 07 2022
10:20:05 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
sooo..... gliders safe rooms are best if they are very glider safe. My spare bed room has windows covered with plastic chicken wire, same plastic netting foyer setup instead of bedroom door. So when I open door they can never be in the area and get hurt by door and can never sneak escape. the bedroom is free roam 24/7. the power outlets are covered with baby safe plugs. the ONLY 120 AC wire goes threw plastic PVC pipe and into closet. which is covered with plastic netting. inside closet is a TV. they have NO opportunity to chew any power wire, pee on anything with power. BUT they live in there unsupervised most of the time.
During day... your working they are sleeping. some noise I think would be fine.
ours started out in living room and they slept threw TV, kids, dogs bark etc. The lights being on in daytime in the room will help them sleep and keep proper schedule.
During night... your gaming lights low, they can roam and visit you and explore,
great. BUT all the AC power would worry me. your gaming, leave the room for bathroom, drink in kitchen, they start chewing power wire. they pee on monitor, keyboard, power outlets etc. so free roaming in an area with danger and your not
giving 100% attention. we started out in bathroom and kept close eye on them the whole time, worried about a climb to sink or jump over wood to toilet.
I think the office would be a great place, but if you let them out of cage, I think you would need to spent that time WITH them 100%, petting, holding, giving treats. I have 6 and usually after 1 hour of night time treats and exploring 5 go back to nap time in storage bin and only 1 or 2 will stay with me. I'll watch tv sometimes if one decides to sleep with me. SO.... in office at night you could let them out, treats, supervised then 1 hour later back in cage and back to gaming. If one goes in your shirt to sleep then you know they are safe, leave them there and gaming on.
Question
May 07 2022
10:21:16 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders