Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion
What should i do in this situation???????? Very worried!!!!!
Question
Jun 11 2022
08:39:50 PM
My boyfriend got me a new male sugar glider and i was quite surprised. Not knowing how to take care of it, i did some research. After doing some research only i realized that sugar glider survive better with a buddy. Yesterday was day one, it was put into a plastic lunchbox and because i got it too late i didnt have the time to properly prepare its cage and stuffs. Im very worried as the box looks quite cramped for it to stay in. He eats well and sleeps well. During night time, the glider woke up and started to bang the box on all fours trying to find a way out, i couldnt really sleep much cause i was worried of his situation. Today is day two and the cage wont arrive until tomorrow so im not sure whether i should get a buddy or not today. If i get him a buddy and they are both stuck in the small box for another day can it last until tomorrow. It was also wet from biting and trying to stand on the dish that he drinks its water from, so the dish was flipped and water is everywhere in the box. Im not sure what to do should i clean his box and put him back in or transfer him to a larger space for the time being before the cage arrives. And should i buy a buddy immediately or wait until the cage arrives.
Question
Jun 13 2022
02:13:16 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
FIRST, dont worry about a buddy right now. HE WILL BE FINE. you need to get a
cage and proper food. BML diet or critterlove diet or OHPW diet are my favorite.
but at night he wakes up and wants to explore. maybe get in a closet and let him roam some but you have to be able to catch him also to put him back. ONE hour of
run around time should tire him out some. you need ANTI PILL fleece. you need
a sleeping pouch and a carry pouch.
Dry him off with a paper towel as best you can.
Information
Jun 13 2022
11:29:56 PM
SugarGliderBeginner Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

cage and proper food. BML diet or critterlove diet or OHPW diet are my favorite.
but at night he wakes up and wants to explore. maybe get in a closet and let him roam some but you have to be able to catch him also to put him back. ONE hour of

Yes i already got him a cage yesterday right away and it doesnt crab when i touch him but will still be scared when i approach him i got it a female buddy too they weren't getting along on the first day yesterday but today they were cuddling each other to sleep it was cute and thanks alot for the advice on its food cause i did my research and really not know what kind of food would be most proper for them cause alot of sugar gliders needs is not sold in my country so i have to purchase them online. Today is the third day and everything is looking quite good except for pooping everywher in the cage, i let them out in the evenings depending whether they wanna get out themselves or not. I will observe more and see how this goes. Thanks.
Information
Jun 13 2022
11:33:43 PM
SugarGliderBeginner Starting Member 3 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

Yes i already got him a cage yesterday right away and it doesnt crab when i touch him but will still be scared when i approach him i got it a female buddy too they weren't getting along on the first day yesterday but today they were cuddling each other to sleep it was cute and thanks alot for the advice on its food cause i did my research and really not know what kind of food would be most proper for them cause alot of sugar gliders needs aren't sold in shops here so i have to purchase them online. Today is the third day and everything is looking quite good except for pooping everywher in the cage, i let them out in the evenings depending whether they wanna get out themselves or not. I will observe more and see how this goes. Thanks.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Gliderpedia Discussion