Suggestion Box
Previous |
Page: of 5
Suggestion Box
Default, miscellaneous
Oct 24 2012
02:46:10 AM
pipNpippi Face Hugger Visit pipNpippi's Photo Album USA 562 Posts
i agree with the web cams!!!! cause i know me myself i go to ask a question an then it turns into a paragraph an then there like ok whats the question i thingk it would be easier to show someone ur problem one on one then to write it
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 18 2012
12:47:39 PM
FeathersNFur Super Glider Visit FeathersNFur's Photo Album USA 232 Posts
Is there any way that you can program the site so that people can make signatures that would appear automatically at the end of their post?

Kimberley and the Gang from Feather Central
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 18 2012
01:02:01 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Yes there is. It was a conscious decision to prevent that. You are more than welcome to put that kind of stuff all over your profile.
Question
Jun 05 2013
05:58:13 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
I'm thinking about options to allow people to have moderation abilities. Anyone have any ideas about this? Currently, I'm thinking that the more someone participates, the more moderation options will be available to that person. I'm looking for comments on if this is a good idea or not, and if so, how would you propose limiting abuse?
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 05 2013
06:47:25 PM
Indigo Super Glider Visit Indigo's Photo Album 255 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Eric C

I'm thinking about options to allow people to have moderation abilities. Anyone have any ideas about this? Currently, I'm thinking that the more someone participates, the more moderation options will be available to that person. I'm looking for comments on if this is a good idea or not, and if so, how would you propose limiting abuse?

It's kind of like Facebook. The Admin of a group can make other members administrators of the group. I imagine when an Admin does this they know and trust the people they are promoting to administrator.

The same would go for you guys. Is there anyone here whom you feel you really know and whom you trust? I think trust is the issue. To put your forum in the hands of someone else to moderate requires you to know they will not abuse the responsibility that has been given to them.

You could go with the more participation the more moderation options, but there might be some people who participate a lot who you really wouldn't want to promote to moderator. The same really could be said in the opposite direction; I don't post much but I am the COO for a nutraceutical company and the Co-owner of a pet/home care business - I could be trusted. I'm literally just throwing myself in as an example; that sounded like I am volunteering

Maybe you should have people fill out an application. Even in volunteer positions people have to fill out applications. Furthermore have a written agreement with the people you bring on as moderators.
Information
Jun 13 2013
09:52:31 PM
aWiiPeanut Joey 17 Posts
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, however I'd like to see a category where people can post their cage/tent set ups to give others ideas on what to make or look for to buy their gliders. I'm relatively new to owning a glider and I don't mind making things or buying online from other glider shop owners but I lack resources on where to look and what exactly to look for. I've seen a couple pics of some gliders cages with the babies in them and it made it much more enjoyable too. =) thanks!
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 23 2013
10:44:49 PM
Cpt. Catfish Joey Cpt. Catfish's Journal 15 Posts
I know this is from a really long time ago but maybe a webcam, just so we can talk to the persons face or see the little furball that they are talking about. Also, if that were to happen, group chats would be awesome!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 03 2014
11:38:35 PM
mallory_em4 Glider Visit mallory_em4's Photo Album 88 Posts
This site is awesome and so well organized. One thing that I'd think would be cool is to have a section labeled "other pets" or something like that. Where I come from with that is that come one, When you have sugar gliders you usually have some exotics interest and I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people have other exotic pets along with their gliders. Exotic or not, I think I'd be nice to have a place to focus on our other fur babies as well. (I have chinchillas that I spoil just as much as my gliders and I'd love to have two forums in one lol).
Default, miscellaneous
May 02 2015
02:49:45 PM
littlebit1059 Starting Member Visit littlebit1059's Photo Album littlebit1059's Journal 0 Posts
Could you start a spot on this site that people can recommend exotic pet vets by city and state? I need one in Virginia Beach, Virginia
Default, miscellaneous
May 02 2015
06:49:30 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
Default, miscellaneous
May 04 2015
02:20:15 PM
kazko Little Bunny FooFoo GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kazko's Photo Album kazko's Journal TX, USA 6747 Posts
Are people not finding this vets map on here?

http://www.sugarglider.com/vets.asp
Default, miscellaneous
Jun 24 2015
06:40:07 AM
Bishiglomper Joey 19 Posts
I like the ideas of somewhere to post recipes and somewhere to post cage set ideas and crafts and things. Lists of stuff! An OCDer's treat. XD
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 27 2017
10:27:58 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
I think it'd be nice to have a crafts or diy section of the forum. Somewhere where we can post tutorials or questions about projects, and show off our finished creations. Maybe three subsections, one for tutorials, one for questions, and one for showing off.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 27 2017
10:54:25 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
Oh! And I believe this one would be an easy fix. I don't know about other people, but I prefer to buy things on Amazon over Ebay. Having some affiliate links to Amazon products as well as Ebay ones would give more chances at getting that sweet affiliation .05% or whatever ridiculously low amount it is.
Default, miscellaneous
Jul 05 2020
01:42:24 PM
Petarus brevicapus fan Joey Petarus brevicapus fan's Journal Norway 22 Posts
I think it's an old topic, but will allow myself to join anyhow!!

1. Members can add jokes to the joke place under the fun section!!

2. Personality and trivia quizes about gliders!! For example; are you ready for a pet glider? Are you a suggieexpert? And, If you where a sugar glider, would you be easy to bond?
Suggestion Box
Previous |
Page: of 5

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Suggestion Box