Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Costumes for Sugar Gliders.
Question
Sep 17 2011
11:31:15 PM
I am looking for halloween costumes for my two sugar gliders. I have a male and female. Does anyone know where I can find a costume for them??? Thanks!
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 17 2011
11:38:15 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 17 2011
11:45:09 PM
BellaSkye Joey 16 Posts
Well I wasnt thinking about letting them glide in the costumes just wanted to get pictures!!! I am probably going to spoil them.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
12:09:45 AM
kyro298 Glider Sprinkles GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit kyro298's Photo Album kyro298's Journal CO, USA 15262 Posts
I wouldn't recommend it.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
12:21:12 AM
suppressedtearz Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit suppressedtearz's Photo Album USA 1066 Posts
Spoiling them doesn't require dressing them up. They're not little kids, or those retarded purse dogs that people feel the need to dress.
Question
Sep 18 2011
01:20:24 AM
newSGlover Glider Visit newSGlover's Photo Album 124 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by suppressedtearz</i>
<br />Spoiling them doesn't require dressing them up. They're not little kids, or those retarded purse dogs that people feel the need to dress.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I have one of those cute purse dogs, a chihuahua (Lion Heart Breed, not toy) , and he does get dressed from wall through winter to keep warm for weather conditions I don't think they are stupid at all or to help them stay warm in seriously cold temps.

I wouldn't dress up my glider but there is evidence of shirts on dogs helping them with anxiety, to relax, relieve stress, and become calmer...
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
05:24:34 AM
BLW41576 Super Glider Visit BLW41576's Photo Album NY, USA 237 Posts
I wanted to do something for them for Halloween, as well, but wouldn't dream of putting anything on their bodies.. what I was thinking of doing instead was either something that would hang from the side of the cage or something that would stand by itself, or maybe even a border of sorts with holes cut out that to them would be like little windows to peek through, but from the front would be similar to those old wooden cut-outs you'd see on beaches that people would put their faces up to the holes and look like they were in whatever scene was on the cut-outs lol...

I haven't come up with any specifics yet, but I'm a holiday nut and wanted a way to have candid costume pics for them like I do for the rest of the family but wanted to do so in the least evasive way possible..

I'm also trying to come up with some Halloween / autumn themed pieces to put in their cage to make it more festive.. it doesn't *have* to be a costume to make them a part of the holiday.. getting pics of them climbing in and out of pumpkins or other festive pieces would be just as cute..

I haven't come up with any patterns or anything yet, but when I need to sew things that I want to maintain their shape, I usually start with that plastic canvas craft stores have that people used to use with yarn to make things like those old tissue box covers.. they come not only in round, square and shaped pieces, but also in big sheets so you can cut the shape you want and you can easily sew fleece right over the top of whatever shape you use.. and the best part is that you can pop the fleece-covered canvas creations right in the washer and then dry it on low heat in the dryer :>
Question
Sep 18 2011
12:36:56 PM
viciousencounters Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit viciousencounters's Photo Album viciousencounters's Journal NM, USA 2907 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BellaSkye</i>
<br />Well I wasnt thinking about letting them glide in the costumes just wanted to get pictures!!! I am probably going to spoil them.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You can't control that. If you tried to stop them then they would probably just fear you and any bonding you have developed will just disappear.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
12:47:25 PM
Faerie Fuzzy Wuzzy GliderMap Visit Faerie's Photo Album 1833 Posts
I have seen people put little hats on their gliders. You could set up a cute picture and put hats on them.

~Michelle~
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
12:50:45 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
You can get a cute photo using photoshop to add the costume. Safe for suggies and their slaves too.

I guarantee I would have bloody fingers if I tried to dress up my GliderKids.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
06:24:56 PM
ToughCheeseSmallPaws Face Hugger Visit ToughCheeseSmallPaws's Photo Album USA 579 Posts
I know my dog looks like he wants to poop on my pillow when I put a costume on him (or just my hat really- I leave him a little dignity). I know that trying on my cat would result in my death, and my suggies would result in a loss of my eyes...
Question
Sep 18 2011
06:38:00 PM
Divins Super Glider Visit Divins's Photo Album 326 Posts

Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
06:57:09 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
That photo has been making the rounds for a couple years thanks to the internet. It still does not make dressing your glider for halloween a good idea.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
06:57:32 PM
rammsteinmiss Face Hugger Visit rammsteinmiss's Photo Album IN, USA 506 Posts
Cute, it is kind of like a hat in the pic? Hate to see a glider get hurt.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
07:40:52 PM
BellaSkye Joey 16 Posts
Well thank you everyone for your advice, it was just a thought.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 18 2011
10:45:37 PM
angelmom Goofy Gorillatoes GliderMap Visit angelmom's Photo Album USA 2002 Posts
I don't recommend it. That's what photo shop is for. I'll have my fiance do a couple photos for halloween :P
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 19 2011
12:00:53 AM
roxiesmomma Super Glider GliderMap Visit roxiesmomma's Photo Album 389 Posts
OMG! THat picture is so cute !!! Not that I would get a costume, But still so cute.
Question
Sep 19 2011
07:34:47 AM
wadelynaaron Glider Visit wadelynaaron's Photo Album 131 Posts
that picture is cute, but the glider looks so unhappy...
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 19 2011
01:07:02 PM
Farns Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Farns's Photo Album USA 842 Posts
I agree, the glider looks unhappy, who knows which way the other ear is bent under the costume. The people we got our original two gliders from had some costumes and tried to get us to buy a dress for Priscilla and a top hat and cape for Elvis. Needless to say we did not and opted for and extra cage pouch, the better choice. Want to play dress up, get a doll, can't hurt them.
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 19 2011
03:07:22 PM
Dani Glider Visit Dani's Photo Album 53 Posts
I agree that costumes are not good for gliders due to their gliding membrane, but it really feels like the statements about dressing dogs up was mean and uncalled for.

I think it really depends on the animal. If it is needed for keeping them warm or they actually enjoy that attention then dressing them up is great.

My oldest dog loves getting dressed up. If you even lay a t-shirt over his back, he will work very hard to make sure it stays there. When I was younger and taking my nephew trick or treating, my pup would get dressed up too and was so proud of himself.

On the other hand, I would never dream of trying to dress at least two of my other dogs. They don't even like the bandanas from the groomers.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders