GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires
Rescued,bought, or born in your home?
Rescue
Feb 24 2013
03:26:12 PM
Poll Question:
Is your sugar glider(s) rescued, bought, or born in your home, or something else?

Choices:

Rescued
Bought from breeder
Bought from pet store
Bought from another home
Born in your home
Given to you
Other-comment

Rescue
Feb 24 2013
08:30:54 PM
Candy Cuddle Bear Visit Candy's Photo Album FL, USA 8110 Posts
I have 6 bought from breeders, 3 were rescue gliders given to me, 1 was purchased from an add on Craigs List and 5 gliders that were born here.

Your poll does not allow a full reply from many of us that own several gliders.
Rescue
Mar 11 2013
02:20:22 PM
baby.girl Face Hugger Visit baby.girl's Photo Album USA 544 Posts
I have bought mine but one was from a breeder the others were from people who either changed in their work,going to college,and husband couldnt be around them for he breaks out,andone from a couple who had a baby
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 14 2013
04:28:32 PM
mingsmom Face Hugger Visit mingsmom's Photo Album USA 511 Posts
Ming was given to me- we are now fully bonded! It only took almost a year-lol Mu new girl, Maxine is a different story but we are making progress. I bought her from a local woman, breeder. She is so smart and glides like crazy- she is absolutely fearless-lol My babies make me so happy- but I want a trio. Wishing I could afford to add alittle Mosaic girl to the cage, but if wishes were horses....lol
Rescue
Apr 25 2013
04:04:08 PM
karensink Face Hugger GliderMap Visit karensink's Photo Album 802 Posts
given, CL, bought from breeder and rescued. all but bought from a petstore
Rescue
Apr 25 2013
08:45:44 PM
bjve31 Glider Visit bjve31's Photo Album 58 Posts
2 came from rescues, 5 were rehomes (3 free), 2 were given to me, 1 bought from a non-lineage breeder, 1 born here.
Rescue
Jun 08 2013
06:22:30 PM
sugargliderlover4 Glider sugargliderlover4's Journal 125 Posts
Both came from Craigslist! :)
Rescue
Dec 28 2013
03:26:36 AM
xxslaughteredxx Starting Member Visit xxslaughteredxx's Photo Album 8 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Candy

I have 6 bought from breeders, 3 were rescue gliders given to me, 1 was purchased from an add on Craigs List and 5 gliders that were born here.

Your poll does not allow a full reply from many of us that own several gliders.

My god you just have a small army dont you!
Rescue
Dec 28 2013
09:52:40 AM
sunglider Face Hugger Visit sunglider's Photo Album 669 Posts
I bought my Ricki and Stella from CL, and it was from someone's home. Male and female siblings.

I agree with Candy's posting, you need to have were you can choose more than one choice. Or change it to more choices.

CANDY: No wonder you are such an expert with all that Army of gliders. We appreciate you so much. At least I do anyway.
Rescue
Dec 28 2013
11:36:32 AM
sugargldr Glider Visit sugargldr's Photo Album 61 Posts
2 were bought from a breeder down south, 2 from the east, 1 rescued, 6 more adopted/rescued, and 9 born here in the last year. Which is why I have a room dedicated to my walk in size cages.
Rescue
Dec 28 2013
04:49:18 PM
Cora1 Face Hugger GliderMap Visit Cora1's Photo Album TX, USA 935 Posts
all of the above
Rescue
Dec 28 2013
05:40:26 PM
Jerison Glider GliderMap 93 Posts
Ziggy was giving to me and so was Stitch.
Rescue
Dec 28 2013
11:36:37 PM
bellalucysmom Glider bellalucysmom's Journal 59 Posts
First three from a breeder, They had 1 baby, then I bought a friend for him from another breeder, they had 1 baby, then another single. So now the 4 of them live in a happy colony. My original trio had another 2 boys. (looking for a forever home for them if possible). And before I got daddy fixed one of my females is pregnant again. Cant't tell if there are one or two in there. When I started out with 3 I never imagined I would have so many. My husband says we have too many and he wants me to sell the babies. I would love to have one more though, and it would be a mosaic.
Rescue
Dec 29 2013
09:03:12 PM
Minnesota Zoo Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit Minnesota Zoo's Photo Album USA 1999 Posts
My first 2 were from a breeder, then I (accidentally)found a lone 6 month OOP female for sale at a pet store*(that I didn't know even had gliders) while I was picking up stuff for my hermit crab.

Then this last summer I saw an add for re-homing a pair of breeding gliders that turned out to be the parents of my twins, so I contacted them and the gliders came home to me with 2 joeys IP. I have the family colony of 4 in a cage and a separate cage for my trio. All males neutered, so no more joeys.
Rescue
Jan 24 2014
07:35:14 AM
NerdyHails Face Hugger Visit NerdyHails's Photo Album NerdyHails's Journal FL, USA 566 Posts
2 were bought, 2 were rescues :D
Rescue
Jan 20 2018
07:26:32 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
4 are rescues and 4 were born here. The first 2 were a total surprise, they came out of the pouch not long after we got the mom and dad.
Rescue
Nov 18 2019
05:39:37 PM
trekkao Starting Member 0 Posts
I bought one from what I now know was a glider mill. The next one was from a breeder. The next two were rescued from a high school friend (of 30 years) who bought them and realized she was in over her head after going online.

She messaged me on Facebook asking me to take them because she couldn't take care of them right. The had them for a week. If I could have gotten ahold of the original owners I would have done some damage. They were 18 months old living in a very small hamster cage, eating slop, no toys, no wheels, they were underweight, and under socialized. When I picked them up they had never had a fruit or veggie, and when I put them in my travel cage they were so excited, there were two wheels plus toys, fresh food, and so much room. They spent hours jumping back & forth between the sides of the cage something they had never been able to do.
Rescue
Jan 28 2020
05:45:21 AM
BatGirl Glider Visit BatGirl's Photo Album BatGirl's Journal USA 50 Posts
While on a breeder's waiting list for Joys/Joeys being born, I received an offer I couldn't refuse - a family of Sugar Gliders in need of a new forever home. Mom, newly neutered dad, and their very young daughter. I am eternally thankful to have been graced by this blessing.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Polls, Votes & Questionnaires