Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My glider sleeps all day
My glider sleeps all day
Health related
Aug 24 2016
08:42:50 PM
My glider sleeps all of the day i cant even play with him he startes getting active at 7am while i am sleeping plz help
Health related
Aug 24 2016
09:15:15 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Your glider is nocturnal, they are supposed to sleep all day. They wake up at night, eat at night, play at night, take naps at night then wake up and do it all over again until morning. My gliders go to bed everyday by 7 am. They wake up anywhere from 9 pm to midnight depending on the glider.
Health related
Aug 25 2016
10:43:20 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I have one glider that wakes about 10pm, about the time food is put in cage.
she gets first dibs on corn and pea's. the rest start moving around midnight to 1 am.
Then I have one that likes to be up at 8 to 9 am sometimes, while the other 7
are all sleeping already. I think he wants a few mealies when we wake up
before he goes to bed.

during day we just wear them in our shirts and let them sleep.
on playroom nights we take them to playroom about 9 to 10 pm, turn lights
down so its pretty dark then they will come out and run around for 2 to 3 hours. some will go back to sleep, some will play full speed all 3 hours.
to get them going we give them mealies to start and that usually wakes them
up and gets them playing.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Aug 25 2016 10:49:12 AM
Health related
Aug 27 2016
02:38:58 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
My gliders are fairly early risers, lol. My girls Lulu & Skadoosh would get up anywhere between 6-8pm to eat their first meal, but my boy Ollie will get up around 5pm, sometimes earlier looking for dinner. I will have to get him used to a 7pm feeding, which is a schedule we had before, but he will be grumpy. I do leave pellets in the cage, so if they are really hungry, there is something to snack on.

My gliders settle down between 6:30-7:30am, pretty much all three will be in pouch by 7:30am. Occasionally, one will be up slightly later.

The point is, they should spend the whole day, or most of the day sleeping and may be on slightly different schedules, one up earlier or going to sleep later than the others or vise-versa. Also, they may change their schedules from time to time, could be seasonally or by your routine.
My glider sleeps all day

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
My glider sleeps all day