Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories
need help. have a question
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 16 2017
12:48:02 PM
hi i have had a sugar glider for a little more that a year. my problem is that a few months after i got him i got in a really bad car crash. i was in the hospital for a month and when i got home i wasn't able to really take care of him or play with him properly. my mom fed him for me and cleaned his cage but didn't really play with him. we were doing so well with bonding before my crash but wasn't able to finish. im trying to start again because im finally able to take care of him properly again but now he bites me when i try and hold him. hes not crabbing when i touch him or anything and hes eating fine and has toys to play with. i just want to know if he will ever bond with me now because i didn't get to in the first 6 months i had him. please help!!! i don't want to have to get rid of my pickachu.
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 16 2017
03:04:29 PM
Tveit_Momma Glider Visit Tveit_Momma's Photo Album 197 Posts
I don't think there's a time limit on bonding with them. My boy was alone for almost 5 years and he bonded to me pretty well, but it took about 6 months. It may take awhile, but give him time and love and he will bond with you :)
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 16 2017
11:29:43 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I agree, give him lots of time. Start bonding from the beginning.
I would suggest a glider room, somewhere you can watch tv or read a book after he wakes up and you have time to sit in the room with him running around exploring.
If you bring a few treat with you he will explore to you over time.
Default, miscellaneous
Nov 16 2018
01:03:02 PM
Emily Holcombe Joey Visit Emily Holcombe's Photo Album Emily Holcombe's Journal 12 Posts
Try getting a new never used dish towel. Bubbie wasn't really caring for hands touching him at first. I got this new dish towel and used it getting him out of his cage. Now that's his blankie for whenever he's not in his cage. He doesn't bite anyone now and loves me rubbing him to sleep in it.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Glider Stories